It’s a sad truth that life does not come with an instruction manual. If it did, perhaps it would have some of the truths about adulthood that Buzzfeed recently posted.
- Intend to hit gym constantly, but never do.
- No significant other is as loyal as Netflix and Hulu.
- If you add up the time you spend cleaning up, it will add up to years.
- We will all eventually become our parents.
- Hangovers are more painful than the drinking was fun.
- You have to go buy the things that used to magically appear, like toilet paper and utensils.
- You will never outgrow your junk food cravings.
- Nothing lasts forever… except for student loans.
Julie mentioned Janeane Garofalo in the movie Reality Bites had a line that said, the only thing I learned in college that I will take with me is my social security number. Which is true, because she uses it just about every day.
Check out the full list of harsh adulthood truths from Buzzfeed.