OSCARS Recap: The Winners And The Fashion
It was the biggest night in Hollywood. Celebrities dressed in designer fashions walked a sopping wet red carpet to the Oscars last night.
Two of the best dressed ladies were Jennifer Lawrence and Best Supporting Actress winner Lupita Nyong’o. J-Law stunned in red and Lupita was dazzling in powder blue. Among the worst dressed of the evening, Supporting Actress nominee Sally Hawkins in a frumpy lace gown and Anne Hathaway with a bedazzled chest of armor.
Among the winners of the evening, Gravity took home 7 awards and both Dallas Buyers Club and 12 Years A Slave came away with 3. Matthew McConaughey’s first Oscar nomination turned into his first Oscar win for Best Actor. His Dallas Buyers Club co-star Jared Leto also took home an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
Here are the big winners of the evening:
- Best Picture: 12 Years A Slave
- Best Director : Alfonso Cuarón, Gravity
- Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
- Best Actress: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
- Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
- Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong’o, 12 Years A Slave
- Best Animated Feature: Frozen
- Best Original Song: “Let It Go” from Frozen
- Best Documentary Feature: 20 Feet From Stardom