There is a weekend paradox where normally impossible-to-wake children turn into chipper early-risers before dawn on Saturday morning. Monday through Friday, it’s all a parent can do to pull them out of bed to head off to school, but there they are at 5AM on Saturday morning asking a million questions relating to breakfast, cartoons, and the meaning of life.
One set of clever parents just wanted one weekend to sleep in until 10AM. They crafted a note and left it taped to their bedroom door with answers to some anticipated questions, Good Morning America reports.
The note reads:
Mom and Dad are sleeping in this morning!
DO NOT knock and wake us up before 10AM unless there is a real emergency!!
To answer your questions:
– You can have cereal for breakfast
– Yes, you can watch TV / play Wii
– No, you may not go to your friends house
– No you cannot have a baggie of snacks from the pantry, those are for lunches (yes I mean those ones)
– You can have an orange for a snack. That means one (1) each!
Alexia – don’t antagonize your brother.
Liam — don’t be a whiner . . . or at least not 2 loud [sic] one.
We LOVE you!
— Yahoo Canada Shine (@YahooShineCA) January 23, 2014