Everybody is buying their lottos for tonight’s Mega Millions drawing. The lure of $586 million, or even just a slice of that pie, is strong for those seeking to hit it big.
CNN reports that should no one win tonight’s drawing, the jackpot could grow to over $1 billion. Yes, billion with a B for boy, that’s a BIG BUNCH of money!
While $586 million isn’t a record breaking jackpot, yet, it could easily rank in the top 5 biggest jackpots. CNN listed the Top 5 record lottery jackpots:
- $656 million, Mega Millions, March 2012 – 3 winners in Maryland, Kansas, and Illinois.
- $590.5 million, Powerball, May 2013 – 1 winner in Florida.
- $587.5 million, Powerball, November 2012 – 2 winners in Nebraska and Missouri.
- $448.4 million, Powerball, August 2013 – 3 winners; 2 in New Jersey and 1 Minnesota.
- $399.4 million, Powerball, September 2013 – 1 winner in South Carolina.
Tonight’s Mega Millions jackpot could easily soar into 3rd or even 2nd place by the time the numbers are drawn tonight, provided someone wins tonight.