Julie Fisk’s Gift Guide For The Movie Buffs
Are you struggling to come up with a holiday gift for your favorite movie fan? Well, I just went and made life easier for you. Here’s a list of 10 Things Any Movie Fan is Sure to Love:
1. Anyone who has seen “Frozen” will NOT be able to get the songs out of their heads. It’s hard to sing along if you don’t know all the words, so buy those friends the “Frozen” soundtrack. Added benefit: It makes your kids CRAZY when you sing “Let it Go” in public, especially if you do it while dancing down the frozen foods aisle in Kroger.
2. Fans of “The Hunger Games” books and movies will love this copy of Katniss’ Mockingjay pin. Show the world that you’re part of the revolution…or just a fan of Young Adult literature.
3. If your loved-one likes scary movies, they’ll love the Ed & Lorraine Warren movie collection. While this doesn’t actually EXIST, you can just buy them “The Conjuring,” “The Haunting in Connecticutt,” and “The Amityville Horror” since the Warrens are featured as paranormal investigators in ALL of them. You could even throw in “Poltergeist” for good measure since the tiny woman who screams “Carol Anne, DON’T GO INTO THE LIGHT,” was supposedly based on Lorraine Warren. Pick them all up and laugh manically as your friends NEVER SLEEP AGAIN.
4. Next time you’re stuck on a frozen tundra, wouldn’t it be nice to crawl inside the warm carcass of a dead Tauntaun, like the one Han Solo packed Luke Skywalker into in “Empire Strikes Back?” Well now you can! It’s the Star Wars Tauntaun sleeping bag! It’s warm, cozy and even better it doesn’t stink like REAL Tauntaun guts.
5. We can all agree that the new “Lone Ranger” movie that came out this summer kind of sucked but it DID produce some AWESOME Lego sets. You’ll appreciate these even if you didn’t see the film because they include cool stuff like scorpion pits, catapults with exploding rocks and best of all, a Johnny Depp-as-Tonto-Lego-man. See? AWESOME.
6. Ron Burgundy has a new movie coming out called “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues,” so you should OBVIOUSLY take your favorite movie-buff to see that. Afterwards you should give them the “Unrated Rich Mahogany Edition of Anchorman” which includes Ron Burgundy’s personal 1`journal and some trading cards. Ooo, and you could throw in this San Diego t-shirt too. You’ll get the joke if you’ve seen the movie.
7. Oooo, and you can’t give them all that awesome Anchorman stuff without throwing in some Sex Panther cologne. Because 60% of the time, it works EVERY TIME.
8. I know I already mentioned “Frozen,” but what’s the point of singing the songs if you’re not dressed as Elsa or Anna? Sure these costumes are crazy expensive but they are GORGEOUS and limited edition. But why don’t they come in grown up sizes? Seriously? Elsa!
9. You could give this to the man in your life who just triumphantly shaved his Movember beard. It’s a t-shirt representing all the most epic beards & mustaches of Middle Earth. There was some phenomenal facial hair going on in those movies, except for the Hobbits themselves. What’s the problem boys? You can give it to your friend after taking him to the new Hobbit movie “The Desolation of Smaug,” because that’s how awesome you are.
10. And this is for the Avengers fan who insists on putting those family-member decals in their back windows. Instead of using those boring old stick figures, why not identify family members with Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America or Spider Man? A little advice though. Don’t make Mom the Wolverine character. It won’t end well.