Movember Moustache Facts
We are celebrating Movember, and Tony and John are proudly sporting facial hair to raise awareness for prostate cancer. While the guys twiddle their moustaches, here are a few fascinating moustache facts.
For one, ladies love moustaches. According to the Daily Mail, a recent study found over one-fifth of women would go out with a guy sporting a ‘stache. The fact that men are growing it for charity makes that moustache more desirable to 55% of the ladies responding. How does it look? 80% of women said that manly ‘stache makes man look “‘fun’, ‘generous’, ‘rugged’, and ‘outdoorsy’,” the Daily Mail reported.
Check out these other amusing moustache factoids from The Daily Mail:
- The average man has 900 hairs in his moustache. His entire face could have somewhere in the ballpark of 6,000 to 26,000 hairs.
- Lack of sleep can hamper the growth of your moustache.
- A man’s facial hair grows faster than women’s leg or underarm hair.
- Dry facial hair has the strength of a copper wire of the same thickness.
- In a month, a man’s moustache can grown 9mm to a whole centimeter in length. Multiply that by the 900 hairs in a moustache and a man can have 9 meters of hair sitting atop his upper lip.
The Daily Mail also noted that the most loved celebrity moustaches belong to Johnny Depp, James Franco, George Clooney, and the late Freddie Mercury. They failed to even mention the most magnificent of moustaches: Tom Selleck.