From Zazza & Julie
This weekend Las Colinas will be the launchpad for flight enthusiasts to attempt to recreate the Wright brothers’ succeed but with a little more flair. The first ever National Redbull Flutag will take flight, or crash land, over Las Colinas’ Lake Carolyn tomorrow in an effort to prove that Redbull does, indeed, give you wings.
The event opens at 11AM where you can peruse the participants’ aircrafts before they are plunged off a platform to soar, glide, or crash into the lake below. If last year’s boxcar derby is any indicator, it’ll be a day full of fun, cheering, and laughter for all. The first flight launches at 1PM. Celebrity judges include former Rangers catcher Pudge Rodriguez and former Dallas Stars’ goalie Marty Turco.
The event is FREE, but parking around the event is limited. Your best best will be to ride the DART Orange Line to the Las Colinas Urban Center station. Here is a list of $5 cash lots available for the event:
- 545 E John Carpenter Fwy, Irving, TX 75062
- 225 E John W Carpenter Fwy, Irving, TX 75062
- 220 E Las Colinas Blvd, Irving, TX 75039
- 222 W Las Colinas Blvd, Irving, TX 75039
- 5221 N O’Connor Rd, Irving, TX 75039 -Parking in the West Garage ONLY. The East Garage will be
- closed for construction.
- 909 Lake Carolyn Pkwy, Irving, TX 75039
- Grass Lots near – 500 W Las Colinas Blvd, Irving, TX 75039
Find more information at redbullflutagusa.com for a map of the event area and FAQs on items you can bring or should leave at home.