Football Foodies: Zazza’s Avo & Bean Salsa Tortilla Cups
September 19, 2013 7:22 AM
Tony ZazzaRead More
Tony has another great recipe for you to try out for your tailgate or football watching party! Here’s another one of his fabulous Football Foodies recipes!
Zazza’s Avo & Bean Salsa Tortilla Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 fajita size flour tortillas
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained (I like the ones with jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup sweet crisp canned corn
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, gutted and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- Place tortillas in cupcake pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F until crispy. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix beans, corn,tomatoes, onion, pepper, cilantro, and lime juice in a large bowl and season to taste. Drizzle olive oil over top. Gently fold in avocados.
- Spoon the bean salsa into the tortilla cups when ready to serve.
- Yum! EAT ‘EM UP!