There is certain unspoken social code that most people know instinctually. Call them Rules of Humanity, Life Laws, or what have you, but we think it’s high time someone wrote these down and put them out for all to read.
Here are Zazza & Julie’s Unspoken Life Laws:
- If you’re not passing someone on the freeway, get out of the left lane. Don’t sit there only going 50mph.
- Always let people OFF an Elevator First before rushing in.
- When someone shows you a picture on their phone, DO NOT slide Left or Right without risking potential embarrassment. You are being shown ONE photo, not a photo ALBUM for you to look at.
- Don’t flip a mother off when she’s with her kids.
- Don’t take your toddler to see grown up movies. There’s a reason for the ratings.
- Don’t tell a woman she looks good for her age.
- Men, don’t talk to the person next to you in the restroom.
- Give a nice wave to the person who slowed down to let you merge into their lane.
- If traffic is stopped and one lane is empty, DO NOT try to skip ahead by going up the empty lane and stopping to cut into the stopped traffic. You are backing up the empty lane.
- Please do not use the Self Check in the grocery store if you don’t know how to scan.
- When the host starts cleaning up at the party, the party is over and it’s time to go home.
- The YIELD sign on the service road is for BOTH lanes. Don’t be the guy who causes a wreck because you didn’t want to stop for the car exiting the highway going 20+mph faster than you.
- Unless you have a tin can and string, you don’t need to yell your conversation into your phone.
- Don’t stop on the on ramp if you’re trying to merge with traffic.
We had a ton of suggestions to add to the list!
Our phones kept ringing with more great suggestions to the Laws of Life list!