Woman Dislocates Jaw Trying To Eat Giant Hamburger
We all know how snakes can unhinge their jaws to accommodate meals that are bigger than their mouths, but it should be made clear that we humans do not have this ability. A 25-year-old British woman recently figured this out after suffering an injury while trying to eat a giant triple-layer hamburger.
E! Online reports that Nicole Peate was trying to take a bite out of a giant burger called the “Kids In America Burger” consisting of three patties, pretzels, and candied bacon a Liverpool restaurant called Almost Famous. She managed to get one bite out of the burger monstrosity before she felt a pain.
“I didn’t think I’d dislocated it,” Peate says. “You don’t expect it to happen eating a burger, but I tried to eat it with a knife and fork and couldn’t. I couldn’t open my mouth fully—it felt like I had cramp in my tongue, then I started to get an earache and a headache.”
She goes on to say, “”The next morning, I felt really, really ill. The whole side of my head was hurting, then it started to feel like it was in my jaw and I knew I’d dislocated it.”
Nicole had to go to the Royal Liverpool University Hospital to have her jaw put back into place. It should be noted that Nicole suffers from a condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) which makes joints prone to dislocation.
Nicole is a bit humored that her story has gone viral as she works as a social media manager.
On the burger, she says she’ll be back to have another go at the giant burger once doctors say she can open her mouth wider than a British 50 pence coin. E! Online adds that Nicole’s fiancé polished off her first burger.