From Zazza & Julie
Pet lovers, be on alert and check your pets’ food. Natura Pet has issued a voluntary recall on several of their brands feared to have salmonella contamination, according to MSN.com.
Animals could become ill from eating the tainted food, but there is a potential risk for humans handling the food. Check your pets’ food for the following brands that are being recalled and discard any food with expiration dates prior to 6-10-2014:
- Innova Dry dog and cat food and biscuits/bars/treats
- EVO dry dog, cat and ferret food and biscuits/bars/treats
- California Natural dry dog and cat foods and biscuits/bars/treats
- Healthwise dry dog and cat foods
- Karma dry dog foods
- Mother Nature biscuits/bars/treats
Animals that may have become sick from salmonella poisoning may be lethargic and could exhibit symptoms ranging from decreased appetite, abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. If you fear that your pet may have ingested some of the food, consult your vet.
For more information,product replacement, or refund call Natura Pet at 800-224-6123. (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM CST).