Product placement has come to Twitter. In case you didn’t notice, your favorite celebrities are tweeting out advertising, and of course, they are getting paid per tweet. Eos lip balm recently got a nod from Kim Kardashian, and while it’s unclear whether or not it’s a paid endorsement, a tweet reaching over 17 million followers is a great ad boost.
According to Huffington Post, companies like IZEA and Adly help advertisers by matching them up with celebrities for Twitter endorsements. The celebrities then tweet about a product to their fan base of followers.
Check out what these celebrities get paid for tweet endorsements:
- Lance Bass – 454,817 followers – $650/tweet
- Mike Tyson – 3,777,960 followers – $3,250/tweet
- Sean Lowe – 508,492 followers – $6,500/tweet
- Snooki – 6,319,740 followers – $7,800/tweet
- Jared Leto – 1,050,200 followers – $13,000/tweet
- Khloe Kardashian – 8,147,594 followers – $13,000/tweet