From Zazza & Julie
With the 3rd annual Margarita Meltdown coming up in the Bishop Arts District on Sunday, May 26th, we thought we’d see who could make the best margarita, Tony or Julie.
J.P. De Loera, brand ambassador for Milagro Tequila, came in to give us a few pointers on making the perfect margarita. He should know because he’s got 2 tequila degrees!
Here are our recipes for our super amazing margaritas!
- 2oz Milagro Reposado Tequila
- 2oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1oz Agave Nectar
- 3 slices of Cucumber
- 3 slices of Serrano Chile Pepper
- 1 Pinch of Cilantro
- 1-2 Cubes of Fresh Papaya
- In a shaker place all fresh garnishes w/ Lime Juice and muddle
- Place Tequila and Agave Nectar in Shaker w/ Ice
- Shake and Strain into Margarita Glass w/ Ice, Garnish with Lime Wedge or Basil Leaf.
The Julie-Rita (or the Rita Heeeey-worth)
- 1 C fresh watermelon
- half a kiwi
- half a lime (juiced)
- 1 large basil leaf (torn)
- 3/4oz Agave nectar
- 2.5 oz Milagro Reposado Tequila
- Muddle fresh ingredients in shaker.
- Add ice, nectar & tequila.
- Shake, pour, smile.
Producer John got the honor of judging the margaritas. It was a tough call between Tony’s spicy ZazzaRita and Julie’s sweet Julie-Rita. In the end, the winner was Julie!
If you think our margaritas sound tasty, you won’t want to miss the Margarita Meltdown on Memorial Day weekend in the Bishop Arts District of Oak Cliff. It’s Sunday, May 26th, from 5-10PM. Over 20 restaurants are participating to win the title of “Best Margarita” and take home a $1,000 cash prize; they include the likes of La Duni, Mesa, Whiskey Cake, Sunset Lounge, and the Iron Cactus. Advanced tickets are $20 and are available at dallasmargaritameltdown.com, or you can get them at the event for $25.