Tony Zazza’s Summer Gazpacho Recipe
As much as I LOVE Summer, it’s usually this time of year in August I am ready for cooler temps, football season and fall to arrive! One of my favorite summer dishes and works great for a fresh easy end of summer treat is Gazpacho! You know I am a bit on the spicy side. Well at least that’s how I like my food, so with that said I wanted to share my favorite Gazpacho recipe for you to enjoy and share this holiday weekend!
• 2 (32-ounce) cans diced tomatoes in puree
• 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce (for mild heat use 2 tablespoons)
• 1/2 European seedless cucumber, cut into chunks
• 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
• 2 jalapenos or serranos, seeded and coarsely chopped
• 2 ribs celery, from the heart of the bunch, chunked
• Handful fresh cilantro leaves
• 1 lemon or lime, juiced
• Coarse salt and black pepper
• Lemon or lime wedges, for garnish
Working in batches, combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse grind into a thick soup. Adjust seasonings. Pour soup into a closed container and chill until ready to serve. Serve in chilled glasses with wedges of lime or lemon for garnish.