The Queen Celebrates Her Diamond Jubilee
It’s hard for us Americans to imagine a president sitting in the White House for 60 years, but Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II has done just that. Celebrations are taking place all over the world to honor the monarch’s Diamond Jubilee.
Elizabeth ascended in the throne in 1952 at the age of 25 after the death of her father, King George VI (whom you may remember being portrayed in the film The King’s Speech). While having no actual power within the government itself, her leadership and example have been steadfast as the world around her as changed at an increasingly faster pace. Changes which she has embraced. She has a Facebook and Twitter feed which provides news about the British Monarchy.
Britons are celebrating the Jubilee throughout the four day weekend set aside for all the festivities. Yesterday in London, the Queen led a parade of boats down the Thames River, passing some of London’s most famous landmarks before ending at the iconic Tower Bridge. Thousands
People are celebrating with parties in the streets and parks. The Queen is hosting her own street party in the form of a massive concert tonight in front of Buckingham Palace. Performers include pop royalty Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Elton John, Stevie Wonder, and many more. Americans will get to enjoy the show tomorrow night when it’s broadcast on ABC at 8PM.
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious, Airlifted To Hospital
- Hayden Panettiere Just Checked In To A Facility For Postpartum Depression
- You Can Get Rid Of Stretch Marks With These 7 Sneaky Tips You’ve Never Heard Of!
- Rumor Is Facebook Is Adding A Shopping Tab! Shut Up And Take Our Money!
- 12 Reasons Texas Is The Most Terrifying And Spookiest State EVER!!
- Matt Damon Says He Never Liked Jennifer Garner, Hopes Ben Stays Away!
- Here Are The Most Horrifying Things To Ever Come Out Of The Human Body!
- Katy Perry Did Not Eat a Guinea Pig Sandwich
- A Kardashian Left A Nightclub With Justin Bieber, Now Everyone Thinks They Are Dating!
- New Study Shows If You Drink Your Coffee Black You Might Be A Psychopath!!