It’s hard for us Americans to imagine a president sitting in the White House for 60 years, but Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II has done just that. Celebrations are taking place all over the world to honor the monarch’s Diamond Jubilee.
Elizabeth ascended in the throne in 1952 at the age of 25 after the death of her father, King George VI (whom you may remember being portrayed in the film The King’s Speech). While having no actual power within the government itself, her leadership and example have been steadfast as the world around her as changed at an increasingly faster pace. Changes which she has embraced. She has a Facebook and Twitter feed which provides news about the British Monarchy.
Britons are celebrating the Jubilee throughout the four day weekend set aside for all the festivities. Yesterday in London, the Queen led a parade of boats down the Thames River, passing some of London’s most famous landmarks before ending at the iconic Tower Bridge. Thousands
People are celebrating with parties in the streets and parks. The Queen is hosting her own street party in the form of a massive concert tonight in front of Buckingham Palace. Performers include pop royalty Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Elton John, Stevie Wonder, and many more. Americans will get to enjoy the show tomorrow night when it’s broadcast on ABC at 8PM.
- You Won’t Believe What Taylor Swift Said About Tom Hiddleston
- There Is An Adult Summer Camp In Dallas And It Looks Amazing!
- Man Visits Texas Beach And Comes Back With Deadly Bacteria
- Husband’s Hidden Cameras Catch House Keeper Sleeping With His Wife!
- Parents Punish Teen Making Him Sleep In Tent In The Backyard!
- Bride Demands Bridesmaids Help Pay For Her $10,500 Wedding Dress!
- New Refrigerator Will Send You A Picture So You Know What You Don’t Have
- This Is How To Contour Your Butt So It Looks Lifted And Toned!
- Barnes And Noble Opening Stores That Sell Beer And Wine!
- VIDEO: Learn To Chug Beer In A Ladylike Manner