It’s hard for us Americans to imagine a president sitting in the White House for 60 years, but Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II has done just that. Celebrations are taking place all over the world to honor the monarch’s Diamond Jubilee.
Elizabeth ascended in the throne in 1952 at the age of 25 after the death of her father, King George VI (whom you may remember being portrayed in the film The King’s Speech). While having no actual power within the government itself, her leadership and example have been steadfast as the world around her as changed at an increasingly faster pace. Changes which she has embraced. She has a Facebook and Twitter feed which provides news about the British Monarchy.
Britons are celebrating the Jubilee throughout the four day weekend set aside for all the festivities. Yesterday in London, the Queen led a parade of boats down the Thames River, passing some of London’s most famous landmarks before ending at the iconic Tower Bridge. Thousands
People are celebrating with parties in the streets and parks. The Queen is hosting her own street party in the form of a massive concert tonight in front of Buckingham Palace. Performers include pop royalty Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Elton John, Stevie Wonder, and many more. Americans will get to enjoy the show tomorrow night when it’s broadcast on ABC at 8PM.
- Kids Explaining Love Is The Funniest Thing You Will See Today!
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Came Up With The Taylor Swift Lyric In His Song!
- Alanis Morissette Announces Pregnancy With New Video!
- Dad’s Late Note For His Daughters School Is The Greatest Thing You Will Ever See!
- Dr. Dre to Star in Apple’s First Scripted Series ‘Vital Signs’
- Watch the Trailer for New Cameron Crowe Series ‘Roadies’
- Ethan Hawke Plays Chet Baker in ‘Born to Be Blue’ Trailer
- Moms Post About Her Son’s Chicken Nuggets Has Parents Everywhere Laughing!
- Adele Shares ‘Vogue’ Cover
- New Valentine’s Day Add Has People All Kinds Of Flustered!