Belo Garden Transforms Dull Parking Lot Into Urban Oasis
In what used to be just another expanse of asphalt in the concrete jungle of downtown Dallas now stands a lush urban oasis for all to enjoy. Belo Garden opens today to the public, and this fabulous park is an emerald gem amongst the concrete and skyscrapers.
Located off Griffin between Main and Commerce in the shadow of the Bank of America tower, Belo Garden will provide a green escape from the offices of downtown.
Belo Garden is a 1.7 acre park that is not just another grassy green park, it’s an environmentally green area that will help to sustain itself. Deep soil, native materials, and water conservation make Belo Garden a model of sustainability. 109 trees have been planted around the park, and 75% are native Texas trees. Pair that with native grasses, low water use planting, as well as 100% fountain water recirculation and storm water collection and Belo Garden almost takes care of itself.
Come see the Fountain Plaza, Prairie Gardens, and Texas Grove. Walk down the paths or sit in the shade. Make Belo Garden a place to enjoy time away from the hustle and bustle of the office.
- Ricky Martin to Kick Off U.S. Tour in September
- U2 Are the Subjects of Two Upcoming HBO Specials
- 1,000 Musicians Played A Foo Fighters Song At Once To Ask Them To Play A Concert In Italy
- Watch Tituss Burgess, Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski Lip-Sync Beyonce
- Here’s A Sneak Preview Of Duran Duran’s New Song “Pressure Off”
- What Happens In Your Body After Drinking A Soda?
- Read the Apology From Lion Killer, Dr. Palmer
- Britney Spears Does The Splits On The Beach In A Bikini! See The Pics!
- Is Calvin Harris Planning On Popping The Question To Taylor Swift?
- Only Four Of These Animals Are Left On Earth