Beyoncé turned heads when she hit the red carpet last night for the Met Costume Institute Gala. Showing off her post baby figure, the singer flaunted her curves in a body hugging sheer gown.
The annual event at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City is often called fashion’s Oscars with the rich and famous pulling out all the stops in honor of style. Bey showed up fashionably late in a sheer beaded Givenchy Haute Couture gown that featured a long train made of purple feathers. The dress kept little to the imagination, but the singer kept things simple when it came to her hair, choosing a simple and sleek ponytail.
Other stars like Rihanna, who hit the red carpet wearing a
tight crocodile skin dress, also dressed to the nines for the affair. Kanye West somehow managed to keep his opinions about fashion to himself, while Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine, made headlines, but not necessarily in a good way.
[photogallerylink id=83004 align=right]With only 19 days til Memorial Day, Beyoncé’s getting ready to take the stage for the first time since the birth of Blue Ivy. For all those who couldn’t get a ticket to one of her three shows (May 25-27) in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the singer just added another show on Monday, May 28. Fans can get their tickets early at Beyoncé’s site on Friday, May 11 at 10 am EST. Tickets officially go on sale Monday, May 14.
Check out photos of Beyoncé’s dress and others from the Met Gala at CBS Local.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- 23 Olympic Athletes Just Tested Positive For Blood Doping! Will They Compete? Get The Cheating Details!
- Marc Scibilia Live With Kannon and Sybil
- Levi Johnston Ordered To Pay Back Child Support To Bristol Palin
- P!NK’s Cover Of Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit” Is Amazing!
- Ouch!!! Watch A Sumo Wrestler Test Out Human Fly Paper!!!
- A New Study Says Cellphone Radiation Causes Cancer In Rats
- Tornado Hits A Texas Prison
- Spelling Bee Co-Champ Throws Up Dez Bryant’s X
- VIDEO: Best Graduation Speech Of ALL Time! Steven Spielberg To Harvard Grads: Be A Real-Life Movie Hero
- The New Fifth Harmony Album ‘7/27’ has Arrived