Tomorrow is Cinco De Mayo and my favorite Holiday outside of Christmas. I LOVE everything there is about Mexican food, culture, beverages, travel, etc. I am so excited that we have gorgeous weather and wanted to share something special to celebrate!
The weather for tomorrow looks amazing and hopefully you will join me for our Cinco De Mayo Party at On The Border on Beltline Rd. in Addison. It’s going to be a blast! I will be there from 2-4pm, but the fiesta is ALL Day and Night!
With that said, I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes and this is an original. This is from my home kitchen to yours and I hope you love it as much as I do.
Tony Zazza’s Avocado Enchiladas!
Corn Tortilla’s (or flour if you prefer)
4 Large Ripe Avocado’s (cut in half and scooped)
1 Medium Red Onion diced
1 Jalapeno (or more if you like REAL spicy) seeded and chopped
2 Medium tomatoes diced
1 TBSP Lime juice
1 Clove Garlic finely diced
Cumin to taste
Dash of Salt
FOR RED SAUCE Enchiladas-
1 Can of Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
FOR GREEN SAUCE Enchiladas-
1 Can of Hatch Green Enchilada Sauce
Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix Avocado, Onions, Jalapenos, Tomatoes, Lime Juice, Garlic, Cumin and Salt. Yes, this is like making Guacamole.
2. Heat over to 350 Degrees.
3. Spoon filling on a corn tortilla and roll placing in glass baking dish with the fold down.
4. When dish is full, smother the tops with the Enchilada sauce of your choice and top with shredded cheese of choice.
5. Bake in over for 20 minutes at 350.
Serve and enjoy! These are VERY VERY tasty!