Prom is a pretty big deal. And the dress can make or break the night. Well if your one girl from Colorado getting ready for prom meant collecting for months, then building your own dress.
Regan Kerr a Junior at a Colorado high school decided she wanted to make a dress that was unique and special. So she gathered over 5,000 pop tops off soda can and made her own dress.
She sewed each of the small aluminum pieces together on her own. It took her five months to finish the project. But she got it done five days before her prom.
The dress didn’t come without complications. it proved to be heavier than she thought so she had to add straps and the zipper in the back proved difficult.
“The zipper in the back became a problem because you have to sew around it and make sure you’re not interfering with the zipper,” Regan told 9 News. “The colored pop tabs became kind of interesting.”
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Watch People Freak Out When Grandma Hits The Winning Shot In Beer Pong!
- Watch This News Team Lose It Like Little Kids Talking About Naked Yoga!!
- Madonna Loses Battle To Her Cape……..AGAIN!
- TV Anchor Loses It While Reporting About Naked Yoga (VIDEO)
- Leigh Ann And Courtney Kerr #Uncorked The Podcast Episode 5
- Sia, P!nk, Eddie Vedder Cover Beatles Songs in Netflix Series
- #InTheKVILKitchen We’re making KVIL Valentine Chocolate Pasta
- Gwen Stefani to Perform Live Music Video During GRAMMYs
- Protesters to Clash Over Beyoncé at NFL Headquarters
- A New Harry Potter Book Is Coming This Summer!