Prom is a pretty big deal. And the dress can make or break the night. Well if your one girl from Colorado getting ready for prom meant collecting for months, then building your own dress.
Regan Kerr a Junior at a Colorado high school decided she wanted to make a dress that was unique and special. So she gathered over 5,000 pop tops off soda can and made her own dress.
She sewed each of the small aluminum pieces together on her own. It took her five months to finish the project. But she got it done five days before her prom.
The dress didn’t come without complications. it proved to be heavier than she thought so she had to add straps and the zipper in the back proved difficult.
“The zipper in the back became a problem because you have to sew around it and make sure you’re not interfering with the zipper,” Regan told 9 News. “The colored pop tabs became kind of interesting.”
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- This Will Be The Haircut Of 2016!
- President Obama To Name First National Monument For Gay Rights
- Adam Levine Instagram’s Cute Pic With Wife Behati Prinsloo Joking He’s Pregnant Too
- Beyoncé’s Met Gala Dress Grossed People Out
- P!nk Tells Ellen That She And Husband Carey Hart Are Due For A Break
- North Dakota Farmer Plows Prince’s Symbol Into Cornfield (PHOTOS)
- Watch The New Trailer For Bad Moms And Finally Feel Understood
- Janet Jackson Pregnant With Her First Child 2 Weeks Shy of 50th Birthday
- Breaking: Trump Becomes Last Man Standing For Republicans As John Kasich Prepares To Suspend Presidential Campaign
- San Antonio Spurs Fan Grabs OKC Thunder Player’s Arm In Final Seconds Of Game Stopping Him From Scoring