Prom is a pretty big deal. And the dress can make or break the night. Well if your one girl from Colorado getting ready for prom meant collecting for months, then building your own dress.
Regan Kerr a Junior at a Colorado high school decided she wanted to make a dress that was unique and special. So she gathered over 5,000 pop tops off soda can and made her own dress.
She sewed each of the small aluminum pieces together on her own. It took her five months to finish the project. But she got it done five days before her prom.
The dress didn’t come without complications. it proved to be heavier than she thought so she had to add straps and the zipper in the back proved difficult.
“The zipper in the back became a problem because you have to sew around it and make sure you’re not interfering with the zipper,” Regan told 9 News. “The colored pop tabs became kind of interesting.”
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Win Tickets To Coldplay’s Beach Bash
- Top 10 Reasons She Wants You To Dress Well!
- Soldier Surprises Mom After Being Away For 4.5 Years
- Movie Theater Apologizes For Showing R-Rated “Sausage Party” Trailer Before “Finding Dory”
- Crystal Pepsi Will Be Back In Stores This Summer
- American Girl Makes Dolls For Children With Alopecia!!!
- Bridezilla Asks The Bridal Party To Chip In For Her $10K Wedding Dress
- Lisa Frank Announces New Adult Coloring Books!
- Hawaiian Neighbors Aren’t Happy With Mark Zuckerberg’s New Privacy Fence
- Exes Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck Team Up For A West Virginia Fundraiser