Girl Designs Her Own Prom Dress From Soda Tops
Prom is a pretty big deal. And the dress can make or break the night. Well if your one girl from Colorado getting ready for prom meant collecting for months, then building your own dress.
Regan Kerr a Junior at a Colorado high school decided she wanted to make a dress that was unique and special. So she gathered over 5,000 pop tops off soda can and made her own dress.
She sewed each of the small aluminum pieces together on her own. It took her five months to finish the project. But she got it done five days before her prom.
The dress didn’t come without complications. it proved to be heavier than she thought so she had to add straps and the zipper in the back proved difficult.
“The zipper in the back became a problem because you have to sew around it and make sure you’re not interfering with the zipper,” Regan told 9 News. “The colored pop tabs became kind of interesting.”
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Zazza Mornings Takes Ice Bucket Challenge Live On The Broadcast
- Motorcyclist Pulls Ninja Move To Save Life
- What’s Hot: Muscle Maker Grill Dallas
- Will Ice Bucket Challenge Lead to Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora Reunion?
- Is This Five Seconds of Kanye West’s Alleged Paul McCartney Collaboration?
- Mariah & Nick Cannon Are Divorced?!
- Watch: Dog’s Reaction To Alarm Going Off!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Nominated Chris Martin To Do Ice Bucket Challenge
- ‘Gotham’ Actress Erin Richards Stops By & Chats Batman Prequel
- Big Brother Derrick’s Dad Thinks His Son Isn’t So Safe?