Leigh Ann Helps Save A Life This Weekend
This isn’t some headline ploy to get you to click the link and we reveal that Leigh Ann dropped a dollar into the jar at the grocery store that goes to help Children’s Hospital. No, our very own Leigh Ann Adam helped save the life of a 103.7 Lite FM listener.
We weren’t there, but Leigh Ann was, so we’ll let her tell the story.
I was at an appearance on Saturday meeting listeners and giving away prizes. While in the middle of a trivia contest with a listene, I noticed a big commotion to my right. I looked over and saw a man yelling for help. He was screaming “I need help, someone help my wife, my wife is chocking, help her”. I immediately got on the mic and asked if there was a doctor or nurse around, that we needed help NOW. Ironically, the woman standing in front of me playing the contest happened to be a paramedic. She ran over and performed the Heimlich Maneuver.
I’ve never actually seen this done in a life and death situation. It took several attempts before the object was dislodged from her throat. It seemed like it took forever and it was extremely scary. An ambulance showed up and checked the woman over for quite some time.
After, her husband walked over to me and said “thank you for saving my wife”. He said, “if you wouldn’t have asked for help on the mic, I don’t know that she would have made it.” I don’t really feel like I saved her but I’m glad she is okay. And thank God there was a paramedic standing right in front of me.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- 9 Things Living Inside Of You That Will Scare You To Death
- Kory’s Recap Of Beyonce & Jay-Z’s “On The Run Tour” @ AT&T Stadium
- VIDEO: New Randy Travis Music Video Is Absolutely Amazing!
- 15 Things No One Ever Tells You Abou Marriage!
- Women Tries To Save Ducklings, But Gets Ticket Instead.
- Women Only Parking Spots, Awesome or Offensive?
- Beyonce & Jay-Z’s Dallas Set List!
- WATCH: Train Premieres “Angel In Blue Jeans” Video!
- HBO Reveals Trailer, Release Date for Beyoncé & Jay Z ‘On the Run’ Concert Special
- Billy Joel Wins Library of Congress’ Gershwin Prize