This isn’t some headline ploy to get you to click the link and we reveal that Leigh Ann dropped a dollar into the jar at the grocery store that goes to help Children’s Hospital. No, our very own Leigh Ann Adam helped save the life of a 103.7 Lite FM listener.
We weren’t there, but Leigh Ann was, so we’ll let her tell the story.
I was at an appearance on Saturday meeting listeners and giving away prizes. While in the middle of a trivia contest with a listene, I noticed a big commotion to my right. I looked over and saw a man yelling for help. He was screaming “I need help, someone help my wife, my wife is chocking, help her”. I immediately got on the mic and asked if there was a doctor or nurse around, that we needed help NOW. Ironically, the woman standing in front of me playing the contest happened to be a paramedic. She ran over and performed the Heimlich Maneuver.
I’ve never actually seen this done in a life and death situation. It took several attempts before the object was dislodged from her throat. It seemed like it took forever and it was extremely scary. An ambulance showed up and checked the woman over for quite some time.
After, her husband walked over to me and said “thank you for saving my wife”. He said, “if you wouldn’t have asked for help on the mic, I don’t know that she would have made it.” I don’t really feel like I saved her but I’m glad she is okay. And thank God there was a paramedic standing right in front of me.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Here Are The 10 Shows You Need To Binge Watch Over Thanksgiving!
- Golden Girls “Granny Panties” Are A Real Thing!
- These 4 Habits Are Making You Look WAY Older Than You Are!
- Ellie Goulding Remixes “Love Me Like You Do” In Every Genre Of Music You Can Imagine!
- The 25 Amazing Things You Have To Make With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers!
- These Tweets Will Make Every Nurse Alive Laugh Out Loud!
- Our Very Own Leigh Ann Was Featured In DFW Child Magazine!
- Bryan Adams on ‘Get Up!,’ Country Music and Amy Winehouse
- Sybil Interview Anna Kurian From North Texas Food Bank
- Find Out Which Bars Will Be Open Thanksgiving