Larry North’s Tips For Eating Out That Won’t Sabotage Your Diet
You could be doing everything right, from buying and preparing your own meals, but you could blow the whole day eating out for dinner. Fitness guru Larry North says you can still eat out, but you just have to do a little extra ordering.
Larry North used to own a restaurant, so he knows a little about how to get things ordered that won’t sabotage your journey to a swimsuit body. There are simple words you can use when ordering that will get the message across to the waiter and the kitchen how you want your meal prepared.
Tell the waiter “grease free” or “no oil, no butter.” This will tell the chef not to cook your food in grease, oil, or butter. Also have them put condiments, sauces, and dressings on the side; dip the food on your fork in the sauce rather than drowning you food in it.
By doing this, you can still enjoy flavorful cuisines like Tex-Mex. Get grilled chicken fajitas; “grease free;” “no oil, no butter;” pass on the guacamole, sour cream, and cheese; get extra pico de gallo; order corn tortillas instead of flour; and ask for extra salsa sauce. The difference in fat grams is between 40-50 grams, but more surprisingly, the difference between fat calories is 600-800 calories!!
If you’re out and about and feeling peckish, no matter how healthy that fast food looks, it’s not going to help much. You’d think going to get a tuna sandwich at a deli will be healthy, but the tuna salad has tons of mayonnaise. Instead, pull into a supermarket where you can get quick healthy choices from a salad bar or the fruit and veggie section. Larry recommends eating every 3-4 hours, and pay attention to the quality of you calories rather than the quantity. You can eat 2,000 of good and healthy food and be leaner than eating 1,500 calories of fast food, ice cream, and cake.
Larry North says you don’t have to give up on all the flavor, but rather give up on the grease and fat. Eat to feed the muscle but starve the fatty tissue and you’ll have that swim suit body before you know it.
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies