Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- 13 Things That Prove Bigger Is Better In Dallas Fort Worth
- North Texas Giving Day 2014
- American Heart Association 2014 Heart Walk
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Britney Spears Dumps Boyfriend, Posts Odd Instagram
- Rachel Reilly Mourns Donny’s Eviction & Christine Crossing The Line!
- Commercial Free Mondays: Labor Day!
- Boy’s Live Reaction To Mom’s Pregnancy Announcement Is Priceless
- Another Reason You Should Love Justin Timberlake! Sings Happy Birthday To 8 Year Old Boy With Autism At Concert