Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- This Mother And Daughter Have Spent $63K On Matching Plastic Surgery
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- You Might Be Able To Tell If Someone Is A Psycho By The Way They Yawn!
- Woman Asks Men To Hold Her Underwear In The Best Prank EVER!!!
- Arizona Couple Finds $50,000 In Safe While Renovating Kitchen
- “Bruh,” “Awesomsauce,” “Butthurt” Among New Words Added To The Dictionary
- Fifth Harmony Check in to Haunted Hotel for ‘I’m in Love with a Monster’ Video
- Has The Ashley Madison Hacker Been Caught?
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Posts Surprise New Teaser Trailer
- Jerry Seineld’s Kids Had A Lemonade Stand… Until The Police Shut It Down