Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith
- Annie Lennox Says Twerking Has Nothing to Do with Feminism
- There’s All Kinds of Color in Gwen Stefani’s Video for ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Watch
- Couple Stuck Together During Heat Of The Moment, Rushed To Hospital
- Kim Kardashian Rediculous Requests For Product Endorsements
- Walter White Doll In Toys-R-US! Is It To Much?
- BREAKING: Michael Sams Released From Cowboys
- Renee Zellweger Looks Almost Unrecognizable At Event
- UNICEF Using Music to Educate Liberia About Ebola with ‘Ebola is Real': Listen
- Women In Halloween Costumes