Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies