Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- ANT-MAN Advanced Screening Passes Giveaway
- Sea Life Grapevine Aquarium Tickets Giveaway
- ‘Hello Kitty’…The $160-$240 Million Movie?
- Every American Should Know The Answers To These 21 Questions: Do You?
- Kaboom Town In Addison Last Night: HOW Many People?
- VIDEO: 6.5 Foot Shark Caught (And Released) Off North Carolina Coast
- VIDEOS: Watch Minions Watching Movies
- Can You Guess The Next Lyrics To These Songs??
- Meghan Trainor Cancels Shows Due To Injury!
- Dallas Bucket List: You Have To Do These Before You Die