Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- KVIL’s 2014 Halloween Party
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Amanda Bynes Released
- Starbucks To Deliver?
- Real Life Haunted Houses For Sale
- VIDEO: Parents Prank Son Into Thinking He Has Ebola
- Woman Hospitalized To Remove Deer Tongue Stuck Where The Sun Don’t Shine
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Dose Of Sass: Melissa Rivers, Jane Lynch, Kesha & More!
- Dream Interpreter Breaks Down Your Scariest Nightmares