Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- 10 Things Single Parents Won’t Say Because They Are Afraid They Will Be Judged!
- The Funniest Amazon Review You Will Ever Read!
- VIDEO: Beyonce FORGETS To Lip Sync. Oops!
- One Direction’s Harry Styles Very Much Enjoys Kacey Musgraves’ Music
- VIDEO: Jimmy Fallon Sings Duets With Barbra Streisand As Elvis, Blake Shelton & Michael Buble.
- It’s Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett & a Flute Solo on ‘Nature Boy': Listen
- Bond #24 Set To Begin Filming In December
- Panic At The Disco Covers Bohemian Rhapsody
- More On Joan Rivers
- Ray Rice Blackeye CoverGirl Ad Spotlights Domestic Violence