Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Lorde’s ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack to Feature Kanye West, Charli XCX, Tinashé
- Taylor Swift is Your Tour Guide in ‘Welcome to New York’
- Watch Taylor Swift’s Visit with the Naked Chef, ‘Shake It Off’ Parody ‘Bake It Off’
- You Are Not Alone: James Blunt Also Got Sick of Hearing ‘You’re Beautiful’
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- What’s Hot: Catwalk in Cowtown Fashion
- Get Your Pre-Sale Tickets To Not So Silent Night!
- Oscar de la Renta’s Best Red Carpet Moments
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen
- NO THANKS: The Haunted Car Wash Prank