Great Mystery Solved: The Ice Cream Headache
Scientists have explained why eating ice cream too quickly can cause a brain freeze.
Thirteen healthy volunteers participated in a joint study with National University of Ireland in Galway and Harvard Medical School where they deliberately induced the instant headaches so the effects could be studied.
It was found that the pain comes from a rapid increase in blood flow in the brain.
The hope of the researchers is that by bringing on the brain freeze in the the laboratory they will be able to find a better way to treat the discomfort.
More Stories From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- *NSYNC Releases A New Album!
- LEAKED Madonna Songs that Never Got Released from the 90’s [Audio]
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Festival Cancels R. Kelly’s Headlining Appearance After Community Backlash
- Leigh Ann: 57-Year-Old Steven Bauer Dating An 18-Year-Old
- Lea Michele of ‘Glee’ Fame Joining ‘Sons of Anarchy’ as a Guest Star
- Leigh Ann: Dad Asks Kids About USA
- Fitz And The Tantrums – The Walker
- Fitz And The Tantrums – Out Of My League
- Leigh Ann: Amazon Selling 3D Printed Bobblehead Toys