‘Glee’ Pays Tribute to Whitney Houston
Graduation day is looming and the students of McKinley High are struggling to say goodbye. Luckily, they’ve got the songs of Whitney Houston to help them through.
The episode dedicated to the late singer features seven of her classics including “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” and “So Emotional.” Blaine (Darren Criss) confronts his boyfriend, Kurt (Chris Colfer) with a version of “It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay” that could have been remixed by David Guetta. Kurt on the other hand takes on the ballad, “I Have Nothing,” staying true to the original. And with their relationships on the line, Mercedes (Amber Riley), Santana (Naya Rivera), Kurt, and Rachel (Lea Michele) take to the halls for an a capella rendition of “How Will I Know” to figure out if he does, in fact, really love them.
In a sneak preview of this week’s episode the cast said they had one goal, “just make Whitney proud.” Riley even felt like Houston was there in spirit and hoped the show would be a celebration of her music.
In January, the show did a similar tribute to Michael Jackson who died in June of 2009 and have dedicated entire episodes to the music of Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.
Watch the video for “How Will I Know,” and a sneak preview of tonight’s episode below.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- That Didn’t Take Long! Here Is Kermit The Frogs New Girlfriend!
- McDonalds Is Going To Start Serving Breakfast All Day On October 6th
- You Will Never Believe What Justin Timberlake Refuses To Do As A Dad! WHAT??
- People Are Freaking Out About The Colombian Women’s Cycling Team’s Uniform! Are They Half Naked?
- Dr. Dre, Taylor Swift, Jay Z, ‘Frozen’ All Broke Guinness World Records In 2015
- X Factor Contestant Made Simon Cowell Cry
- Rihanna: ‘People Are Voting for Trump; Who Wouldn’t Vote for Kanye?’
- Britney Spears Keeps Telling Men to ‘Suck Her Toe’
- This Daycare Is Being Investigated For Drugging It’s Babies To Help Them Sleep
- Here Is How You Get Every Discount Possible At The State Fair Of Texas