‘Glee’ Pays Tribute to Whitney Houston
Graduation day is looming and the students of McKinley High are struggling to say goodbye. Luckily, they’ve got the songs of Whitney Houston to help them through.
The episode dedicated to the late singer features seven of her classics including “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” and “So Emotional.” Blaine (Darren Criss) confronts his boyfriend, Kurt (Chris Colfer) with a version of “It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay” that could have been remixed by David Guetta. Kurt on the other hand takes on the ballad, “I Have Nothing,” staying true to the original. And with their relationships on the line, Mercedes (Amber Riley), Santana (Naya Rivera), Kurt, and Rachel (Lea Michele) take to the halls for an a capella rendition of “How Will I Know” to figure out if he does, in fact, really love them.
In a sneak preview of this week’s episode the cast said they had one goal, “just make Whitney proud.” Riley even felt like Houston was there in spirit and hoped the show would be a celebration of her music.
In January, the show did a similar tribute to Michael Jackson who died in June of 2009 and have dedicated entire episodes to the music of Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.
Watch the video for “How Will I Know,” and a sneak preview of tonight’s episode below.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- #WeekendRewind: Superhero Rumors, Stars Are DudePerfect And Cowboys Thankful For Pitbull
- #SATWordOfTheWeek: Ed Sheeran Elucidates Homeless Rumors
- A Puppy Video That Will Make You Smile
- Check Out Lady Gaga’s New $24 Million Digs
- Meghan Trainor’s New Song “Lips Are Moving”
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- 103.7 KVIL’s Not So Silent Night
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch