Studies have shown that texting while driving is equal too or worse than drunk driving, talking on the cell while driving impairs your driving ability and now you shouldn’t drive while needing to use the bathroom.
Dr. Peter Snyder a VP of research at Rhode Island Hospital says that having to urinate really badly while driving is the same impairment as driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.05.
“With urination, it’s a very active process, as you know. It takes lots of concentration,” Snyder tells Jalopnik. “If you’re on the highway at 70 mph, and you really have to go, you really are impaired. You can’t let it get to that point.”
So if you have to it might be a better idea to use that gas station bathroom instead of holding it until you get home.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Hollywood Hot Talk With Leigh Ann
- Julie’s Review Room
- New Music To Know: Laura Mvula’s Unexpected World Of ‘Orchestral Soul’
- Avril Lavigne Goes To Marilyn Manson For Music And Style Advice
- Style Files: Beyoncé Curates Rent The Runway Boutique
- Blake Shelton Organizing Benefit Concert For Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- Gavin DeGraw Reveals Arlington Finalist In Folger’s Coffee Jingle Contest
- Animal Resource Center In Moore, OK Needs Supplies
- Bully Gets Lesson From Thrift Shop Threads
- She Mail – To Bring A Gift Or Not To Bring A Gift