Lite’s Review Room: DIFF – “Juan Of The Dead”
With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Adele Didn’t Drop an Album on Her Birthday, But She Did Dress Up as George Michael: See The Photo
- Prince Will Hold a Peace Rally in Baltimore This Mother’s Day
- SELFIE: Kevin Bacon Is Unrecognizable!
- The Emoji We’ve All Been Waiting For Is Coming…
- Wait Till You See Princess Charlotte’s Birth Certificate
- Bizarre! What Celebrity Says HE Discovered Taylor Swift?!
- Bradley Cooper Made Out With WHO?!
- Ashton Kutcher Just Gave Him Mom The Sweetest Mothers Day Present Ever
- VIDEO: ‘Price Is Right’ Contestant In A Wheelchair Wins…A Treadmill.
- Middle-Aged Guy Catfishes Woman Into ‘Fifty Shades’ Style Sexual Encounter!