With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Why Do These Target Toys Look Like Sex Toys?
- Man Says He Lost His Ring Inside His Wife! WOW!
- Woman Admits She Used Plastic Wrap As A Condom!
- Our Friend Elle King Got Engaged! So Happy For Her!
- Man Says The Key To Living To 107 Was Drinking 4 Bottles Of Wine A Day!
- Taraji P. Henson From Empire Thought Maroon 5 Was The Halftime Show!
- The Newest Instagram Trend Is Neck Contouring!
- Lady Gaga Got Crazy During The Halftime Show Of The Super Bowl!
- Hayden Panettiere and Christina Aguilera Join Forces for ‘Lady Marmalade’
- Teresa Giudice Returns To Real Housewives Of New Jersey