Lite’s Review Room: DIFF – “Juan Of The Dead”
With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- This Pro Surfer Just Surfed In Heels And It’s AMAZING!!!
- According To Women This Is What The Perfect Penis Looks Like
- Tori Spelling Is Now Suing Over The Burns She Got At A Restaurant
- This Woman Looks So Much Like Angelina Jolie It Will Freak
- Taylor Swifts Boat Was Torched In Rhode Island
- Naked Pictures Of Angelina Jolie Are For Sale In London
- This Texas State Student Rides Her Barbie Jeep Everywhere After DWI Arrest!
- This Woman Wants A Dolphin To Deliver Her Baby! Seriously, She Does!
- Watch This Woman Surf… In High Heels!
- Caitlyn Jenner and Kris Jenner Meet Face-to-Face for the First Time – Watch the Video