With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Happy Birthday Adele! See Some Of Her Best Lyrics That Give Strength, Love and Life To Fans
- Krispy Kreme Is Opening An ATM-Like Machine That Dispenses Doughnuts
- Justin Bieber Sets Up Shop In NYC And Draws a Massive Crowd
- Ryan Reynolds Parodies Erectile Dysfunction Ad For Deadpool DVD Release
- Demi Lovato Reboots ‘I Will Survive’ for ‘The Angry Birds Movie’: Listen
- VIDEO: Alec Baldwin Loses His Sh*t AGAIN On A Paparazzo
- Deer Rescued From Ocean Off New Jersey Coast (PHOTO)
- Survey: Middle Age is Older Than You Think
- You Can Rappel Off Reunion Tower In Dallas This Month
- Paul McCartney Treats Minneapolis Crowd to Prince’s ‘Let’s Go Crazy’