Lite’s Review Room: DIFF – “Juan Of The Dead”
With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Mariah Carey to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- LISTEN: Zac Efron And Adam Devine Talk To Us About Their New Movie
- VIDEO: Girl Tries To Catch Bouquet And Forgets She’s Holding A Baby
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement about Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Taylor Swift’s ‘Blank Space’
- 25 AMAZING Clothing Items You Didn’t Know You Could Buy Right Now!
- This Might Be The Biggest Engagement Announcement Fail Of All Time
- Did Katy Perry Just Announce She’ll Be Running For President In 2020?
- If You Have Celiac Disease, This Pill Will Let You Eat Gluten Soon!
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space”