Lite’s Review Room: DIFF – “Juan Of The Dead”
With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- PICS: Is This The World’s Sexiest Male Math Teacher?
- This Is What TIDAL Looked Like in 1919
- Hanson to Headline Their Own Hop Jam Craft Beer and Music Festival in Oklahoma
- 9 Ways to Get Your Zombie Fix After ‘The Walking Dead’ Season Finale
- GOSSIP: Swedish Model Claims Zayn Malik Cheated On Fiancee With Her…LAST WEEK!
- Jay Z, Beyonce, Kanye, Coldplay, Madonna, Others Launch TIDAL Music Streaming Service!
- McDonalds Set To Try Out All Day Breakfast Sales
- Audio: Leigh Ann & Courtney Interviewed Andy Grammer Today!
- College Students Discovered Lecture Teacher Is Smoking Hot Male Model
- VIDEO: SNL Skewers Indiana’s Anti-Gay Law In Less Than 30 Seconds.