With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Here Are The 10 Shows You Need To Binge Watch Over Thanksgiving!
- Golden Girls “Granny Panties” Are A Real Thing!
- These 4 Habits Are Making You Look WAY Older Than You Are!
- Ellie Goulding Remixes “Love Me Like You Do” In Every Genre Of Music You Can Imagine!
- The 25 Amazing Things You Have To Make With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers!
- These Tweets Will Make Every Nurse Alive Laugh Out Loud!
- Our Very Own Leigh Ann Was Featured In DFW Child Magazine!
- Bryan Adams on ‘Get Up!,’ Country Music and Amy Winehouse
- Sybil Interview Anna Kurian From North Texas Food Bank
- Find Out Which Bars Will Be Open Thanksgiving