Lite’s Review Room: DIFF – “Juan Of The Dead”
With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Star Tweets Bloody Face Pic, Says Bill Cosby Responsible, Quickly Deletes Tweet.
- Kory’s #NoShaveNovember Beard Update
- VIDEO: Local Artist Boy Epic’s Awesome Selena Gomez Cover
- Kory Inteviews Eric Scales, Sketch Artist At Disneyland
- American Horror Story Twins Heads Get Stuck In Unlikely Place
- Kim Kardashian Butt Turkey Is The Best Photoshopped Photo You Will See This Week
- Do You Know What “Spatchcocking” Is? We Are Just Trying To Save You Time On Thanksgiving!
- VIDEO: Just In Time For Thanksgiving The Taylor Swift Parody “Shake And Bake”
- Did You Miss The Meghan Trainor Medley Last Night On Dancing With The Stars? We Have You Covered, It Was Awesome
- The 10 Largest Holiday Events In DFW