Lite’s Review Room: DIFF – “Juan Of The Dead”
With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- ‘Zoolander 2′ Trailer Hits The Internet
- VIDEO: Uptown Funk Sung By The Movies
- Top 8 Things To Buy In August
- Have You Seen Donald Trump’s Delusional Tweet?
- Ashlee Simpson Gives Birth! What Interesting Name Did She Give Her Daughter?
- 4 Things Men Hide From Their Wives
- Charlize Theron Adopted Another Baby! What Did She Name Her New Daughter?
- Channing Tatum Expecting Baby #2?
- Does Scott Disick Regret Cheating On Kourtney Kardashian? He’s Speaking Out!
- VIDEO: Bobbi Kristina’s Family Throw A Party And Celebrate Her Life After Funeral + What Family Member Had A Major Outburst?