With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty”.
Juan of the Dead
A zombie apocalypse has descended upon Havana, Cuba. It’s viewed by the Cuban government as a conspiracy sent from the Americans and a business opportunity by scoundrel and nationalist Juan. Juan of the Dead has the makings of an instant zombie classic.
Alex Diaz de Villegas plays the title character Juan, who sets out with his best friends to charge the living for the disposal of their undead. He is hilarious as he sees a zombie apocalypse as a way to swindle money from the living. Despite the film being totally in Spanish with subtitles, your sides will be hurting from laughing so much.
It’s obvious that writer/director Alejandro Brugues is a fan of the film Shaun of the Dead, as the whole film feels like a homage to Edgar Wright’s zombie flick but spiced up with parody and commentary on Cuba’s social and political atmosphere. Juan of the Dead is brilliant, hilarious, and the perfect choice for a midnight zombie horror film.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Details Emerge of Hot Air Balloon Crash: Killing 16 in Texas
- MTV Launches ‘Classic’ Channel Dedicated to the 1990’s
- New Trend: Parents Naming Babies After Pokémon Go Characters
- BREAKING: Hot Air Balloon Crashes In Lockhart, Texas And 16 Are Feared Dead
- VIDEO: Rowlett Police Officer Has ‘Tea Party’ With Toddler Whose Life He Saved
- Justin Bieber And Nick Jonas Both Say Republicans Threw Millions At Them To Play
- Skydiver Will Attempt Jump Without A Parachute Or Wingsuit On Live Television Tonight
- 2 More Restaurants Refused Service to Police; One in Texas – Employees Promptly Fired
- Dallas Cowboys Jersey Sales Are Blowing Away the Competition
- Ex NFL Player And Wife Killed By Teenage Son!