Manuael Ernest Dillow a teacher in Abingdon, Va has been arrested after pulling a blank firing gun and pointing and firing it at students.
The 60-year-old man was charged with 12 counts of brandishing a firearm on school property.
An investigation by discovered that Dillow gathered the attention of the 12 students in his welding class and lined them up near a garage door in the shop.
“He then pulled a ‘blank firing handgun,’ black in color, from the back waistband of his pants and discharged the weapon between four and ten shots in the direction of the line of the students,” states a Wednesday afternoon press release. “The ‘report’ of the firearm was similar to that of a firearm that fires a projectile, thus placing the students in fear, according to statements. No students were physically injured as a result of the incident.”
Dillow could face up to 60 years in prison and fines as high as $30,000.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Ms. Emeli Sandé Goes To Washington To Honor Carole King
- Bono, Richard Branson, Olivia Wilde Join Matt Damon’s ‘Toilet Strike’
- Cat Bearding Is The Hottest New Photo Meme On The Web
- Men Who Are More High-Maintenance Than Women
- Help Three Dog Bakery Feed Dogs In Need
- Mom Has Son Arrested For Stealing Her Pop-Tarts
- Hollywood Hot Talk With Leigh Ann
- Julie’s Review Room
- New Music To Know: Laura Mvula’s Unexpected World Of ‘Orchestral Soul’
- Avril Lavigne Goes To Marilyn Manson For Music And Style Advice