Godiva Launches Program To Honor Extraordinary Women
Legend has it that Lady Godiva rode naked through the streets of Coventry, England in protest of her Lord husband’s unfair taxation of the people. Her generosity and sacrifice inspired the townspeople to close their shutters and stay indoors to preserve her modesty. This remarkable woman’s courage was noted, and the tax was lifted. In light of the legend, chocolate maker Godiva is launching the Lady Godiva Program to honor women who are shining examples of selflessness, generosity, and leadership.
The first national honoree of the Lady Godiva Program is Lauren Bush Lauren, daughter of former President George W Bush and daughter-in-law of fashion designer Ralph Lauren. Her FEED Projects provided over 60 million school meals to children in 62 countries across the globe in partnership with the United Nation’s WFP.
You can get a special designer FEED 10 bag at Godiva stores across the US, including the store at NorthPark. They make a beautiful Mother’s Day gift and go for a great cause.
FInd out more about the Lady Godiva Program by visiting ladygodivaprogram.com.
- Rihanna, The Weeknd, Selena Gomez to Play Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- Ariana Grande Teases ‘Focus’ Cover
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are Having a Baby
- Top Ten Things People Steal From Hotel Rooms
- Twin Babies Uncontrollably Giggling at Their Pomeranian
- Tracy Morgan Returns to Comedy Stage; First Time Since Accident
- AMAs Complete List Of Nominees
- Esquire Magazine’s Sexiest Woman Of 2015 Is…
- This Actor Is Having His Fourth Child In Four Years
- These Are The Top Misheard Pop Lyrics. Do You Get These Lyrics Wrong?