Godiva Launches Program To Honor Extraordinary Women
Legend has it that Lady Godiva rode naked through the streets of Coventry, England in protest of her Lord husband’s unfair taxation of the people. Her generosity and sacrifice inspired the townspeople to close their shutters and stay indoors to preserve her modesty. This remarkable woman’s courage was noted, and the tax was lifted. In light of the legend, chocolate maker Godiva is launching the Lady Godiva Program to honor women who are shining examples of selflessness, generosity, and leadership.
The first national honoree of the Lady Godiva Program is Lauren Bush Lauren, daughter of former President George W Bush and daughter-in-law of fashion designer Ralph Lauren. Her FEED Projects provided over 60 million school meals to children in 62 countries across the globe in partnership with the United Nation’s WFP.
You can get a special designer FEED 10 bag at Godiva stores across the US, including the store at NorthPark. They make a beautiful Mother’s Day gift and go for a great cause.
FInd out more about the Lady Godiva Program by visiting ladygodivaprogram.com.
- Kanye West, Rihanna, Jason Aldean Tweet Support for Jay Z’s Newly Launched TIDAL
- Trevor Noah Will Replace Jon Stewart as Host of ‘The Daily Show’
- Ariana Grande Adds 2nd Show In Dallas
- New James Bond Film Releases First Trailer
- Michael Jackson Used to Prank Call Russell Crowe
- Destiny’s Child Performed Together Again This Weekend: Watch
- 11 Ways Dating In Dallas Is Different Than In Any Other City
- The Trailer For Fear The Walking Dead Is Here
- VIDEO: Girl Passes Out On Freeway
- 50 Reasons Why Fort Worth Is Better Than Dallas