Godiva Launches Program To Honor Extraordinary Women
Legend has it that Lady Godiva rode naked through the streets of Coventry, England in protest of her Lord husband’s unfair taxation of the people. Her generosity and sacrifice inspired the townspeople to close their shutters and stay indoors to preserve her modesty. This remarkable woman’s courage was noted, and the tax was lifted. In light of the legend, chocolate maker Godiva is launching the Lady Godiva Program to honor women who are shining examples of selflessness, generosity, and leadership.
The first national honoree of the Lady Godiva Program is Lauren Bush Lauren, daughter of former President George W Bush and daughter-in-law of fashion designer Ralph Lauren. Her FEED Projects provided over 60 million school meals to children in 62 countries across the globe in partnership with the United Nation’s WFP.
You can get a special designer FEED 10 bag at Godiva stores across the US, including the store at NorthPark. They make a beautiful Mother’s Day gift and go for a great cause.
FInd out more about the Lady Godiva Program by visiting ladygodivaprogram.com.
- The Worst Reality Shows Of ALL TIME (Well, So Far)
- The Worst Company Logos Of All Time
- These Celebrities Were Busted Doing Naughty Things In Public
- Luxury Garage Sale Is Coming To Dallas! Prada For 90% Off
- U2 Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Found Dead in Los Angeles Hotel Room
- Did Bruce Jenner Already Have Gender Reassignment Surgery?
- MKTO Chats With Kannon About Texas, Their Friends The Wahlbergs, And New Music
- Cher Heads Up Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2015 Campaign: See Her Look
- Could A Duggar Spinoff Be In The Works?
- See Jennifer Lopez’s New Look…Before She Got Confetti Bombed