Godiva Launches Program To Honor Extraordinary Women
Legend has it that Lady Godiva rode naked through the streets of Coventry, England in protest of her Lord husband’s unfair taxation of the people. Her generosity and sacrifice inspired the townspeople to close their shutters and stay indoors to preserve her modesty. This remarkable woman’s courage was noted, and the tax was lifted. In light of the legend, chocolate maker Godiva is launching the Lady Godiva Program to honor women who are shining examples of selflessness, generosity, and leadership.
The first national honoree of the Lady Godiva Program is Lauren Bush Lauren, daughter of former President George W Bush and daughter-in-law of fashion designer Ralph Lauren. Her FEED Projects provided over 60 million school meals to children in 62 countries across the globe in partnership with the United Nation’s WFP.
You can get a special designer FEED 10 bag at Godiva stores across the US, including the store at NorthPark. They make a beautiful Mother’s Day gift and go for a great cause.
FInd out more about the Lady Godiva Program by visiting ladygodivaprogram.com.
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Another Harry Potter (Related) Story On The Way From J.K. Rowling
- Taylor Swift iPad Mini Monday
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Big Brother 16 Q And A Session 2
- Big Brother 16 Q And A Session 1
- Safety Tips For Trick-Or-Treating
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- BB16: Watch Caleb Get His Truck!
- Big Brother Boys Shirtless