With the Dallas International Film Festival in town we’ve been seeing a lot of movies. Here is a look at “The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best”.
The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best
When you hit rock bottom, there’s nowhere to go but up. At least that’s what they tell us. Alex is an aspiring musician who’s not only been dumped by his band but also his girlfriend, his thankless real estate job, and a music gig where he plays music for handicapped children wearing a pink moose costume. He embarks on a cross-country tour with a complete stranger to play a battle of the bands. Along the way, Alex finds love, friendship, and a renewed passion for his music.
Writer, director, and star of Brooklyn Brothers, Ryan O’Nan has created a gem. It’s a relatable story for anyone who has hit the bottom of the wishing well chasing their dreams. Not only is this a fabulous film, but you’ll find yourself tapping your toes along with the music that permeates the film. O’Nan and co-star Michael Weston played all the songs live in the film. O’Nan shows his many talents in front and behind the camera.
During a Q&A after the first screening at Dallas International Film Festival, O’Nan revealed that not only will The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best hit theaters in September, but he and Weston were signed to a record label that will release the soundtrack ahead of the film’s release.
Brooklyn Brothers is a joy for film lovers and indie music fans. Language and alcohol are prevalent throughout the film, so this is one movie that you’ll want to use discretion if you have kids. The Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best gets 4.5 music toys out of 5.
– Leslie Hurst, The New 103.7 Lite FM
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- 103.7 KVIL RUNWAY ENTRY
- Beyoncé Announces 2016 World Tour Dates
- Halftime Show: What Happened? Did You Like It?
- Celebrities React to Lady Gaga’s National Anthem
- Steve Harvey Apologizes in Super Bowl Commercial
- Late David Bowie’s “Starman” on Audi Commercial
- Doritos Commercial Has The Public Laughing
- Lady Gaga: Sings National Anthem, says “It’s a Dream Come True”
- Turkish Airlines Commercial
- Cam Newton’s New Commercial for Super Bowl 50