Hollie Cavanagh ‘Rolls’ With Adele On Idol
After last week’s intriguing elimination, and save, of Jessica Sanchez the American Idol Top 7 Redux might have been the most anticipated show of the season. McKinney’s Hollie Cavanagh kicked off the show with a rousing performance of Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep”. But what did the Judges think?
Steven Tyler called the performance “perfect” and Jennifer Lopez said that was “just what we’ve been waiting for”. Hitting all the big notes has not been a problem for Hollie since the beginning of Idol. What she had been lacking was that connection with the song and with Rolling In The Deep she seemed to finally show that emotion the judges had been asking for.
Randy Jackson said he wouldn’t agree with Steven Tyler’s “perfect” review, but he did say, “I felt you, you had feeling, you had emotion.”
After all the contestants sang hits from the present, they had to throw out a “Then” song from back in the day. Hollie stepped up on stage with a fantastic rendition of “Son of a Preacher Man” by Dusty Springfield. The upbeat song opened Hollie up again.
The judges liked her second performance even better than “Rolling in the Deep”. Randy raved, “You worked it out.” While J-Lo said Hollie is “showing a new composure.” Steven Tyler brought the only amount of critisim saying that she was amazing and her voice was great, but as far as the stage presence he suggested that Hollie “push it even more.”
Someone (maybe even two people) will be going home tonight. Find out if Hollie’s moving on to the next show tonight at 7pm on FOX.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- 13 Things That Prove Bigger Is Better In Dallas Fort Worth
- North Texas Giving Day 2014
- American Heart Association 2014 Heart Walk
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Britney Spears Dumps Boyfriend, Posts Odd Instagram
- Rachel Reilly Mourns Donny’s Eviction & Christine Crossing The Line!
- Commercial Free Mondays: Labor Day!
- Boy’s Live Reaction To Mom’s Pregnancy Announcement Is Priceless
- Another Reason You Should Love Justin Timberlake! Sings Happy Birthday To 8 Year Old Boy With Autism At Concert