Hollie Cavanagh ‘Rolls’ With Adele On Idol
After last week’s intriguing elimination, and save, of Jessica Sanchez the American Idol Top 7 Redux might have been the most anticipated show of the season. McKinney’s Hollie Cavanagh kicked off the show with a rousing performance of Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep”. But what did the Judges think?
Steven Tyler called the performance “perfect” and Jennifer Lopez said that was “just what we’ve been waiting for”. Hitting all the big notes has not been a problem for Hollie since the beginning of Idol. What she had been lacking was that connection with the song and with Rolling In The Deep she seemed to finally show that emotion the judges had been asking for.
Randy Jackson said he wouldn’t agree with Steven Tyler’s “perfect” review, but he did say, “I felt you, you had feeling, you had emotion.”
After all the contestants sang hits from the present, they had to throw out a “Then” song from back in the day. Hollie stepped up on stage with a fantastic rendition of “Son of a Preacher Man” by Dusty Springfield. The upbeat song opened Hollie up again.
The judges liked her second performance even better than “Rolling in the Deep”. Randy raved, “You worked it out.” While J-Lo said Hollie is “showing a new composure.” Steven Tyler brought the only amount of critisim saying that she was amazing and her voice was great, but as far as the stage presence he suggested that Hollie “push it even more.”
Someone (maybe even two people) will be going home tonight. Find out if Hollie’s moving on to the next show tonight at 7pm on FOX.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- The Worst Reality Shows Of ALL TIME (Well, So Far)
- The Worst Company Logos Of All Time
- These Celebrities Were Busted Doing Naughty Things In Public
- Luxury Garage Sale Is Coming To Dallas! Prada For 90% Off
- U2 Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Found Dead in Los Angeles Hotel Room
- Did Bruce Jenner Already Have Gender Reassignment Surgery?
- MKTO Chats With Kannon About Texas, Their Friends The Wahlbergs, And New Music
- Cher Heads Up Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2015 Campaign: See Her Look
- Could A Duggar Spinoff Be In The Works?
- See Jennifer Lopez’s New Look…Before She Got Confetti Bombed