6-Year-Old Gladewater, Texas Boy’s Lemonade Stand Rises $10,000 For Cancer-Stricken Dad
A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Bruce Springsteen to Perform Stand Up Comedy Set at Stand Up for Heroes
- Neil Diamond Shares ‘Nothing but Heartache,’ the First Song from Upcoming ‘Melody Road’ Album
- #LiveLocal Grab a glass of Milk!! Tomorrow CAKE Bar opens at Trinity Groves!!
- Jenny McCarthy Has Lost Her Wedding Ring One Month Into Marriage
- 90’s Couple Whose Breakups
- Dose Of Sass: Ariana, Joan, Robin Thicke & More!
- Mayim Bialik Hates ‘Frozen’, Calls The Movie Sexist
- Win Ariana Grande Tickets
- Joan Rivers’ Doc Reportedly Took Selfie Moments Before Cardiac Arrest
- What’s Hot: The 52nd Annual National Championship American Indian Pow Wow