6-Year-Old Gladewater, Texas Boy’s Lemonade Stand Rises $10,000 For Cancer-Stricken Dad
A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- 13 Funniest Tweets on the Disastrous #AskELJames Twitter Q&A
- Have You Seen Jessica Simpson Kids Lately? They Are Adorable
- Chrissy Teigen Shows It All In “W Magazine” (NSFW)
- Woman Begs Doctors To Remove Her 30-Pound Breasts Despite Health Risks
- 20 Amazing Recipes You Can Make With Cheetos
- Rapper Cut Off His Own “Junk” And Is Proud Of It
- NBC Parts Ways With Donald Trump
- CNN Thought Gay Pride Parade Flag Was Actually An ISIS Flag
- This Man Tried To Give His Girlfriend Away On Craigslist
- VIDEO: Horrible Prank Convinces Paris Hilton She Is Going To Die In A Plane Crash