A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Barnes And Noble Opening Stores That Sell Beer And Wine!
- VIDEO: Learn To Chug Beer In A Ladylike Manner
- Kelly Clarkson Announces New ‘Soulful Album,’ Free Downloads
- VIDEO: Have You Seen The Fort Worth Commercial Featuring Boobs, Butts And The Texas Law Hawk
- Amy Schumer Releases Deleted Gun Sketch
- Semi-Truck Driver Was Going The Wrong Way On Dallas Highway Friday Morning
- Top Gun Actress Kelly McGillis Attacked by Home Intruder
- Yuck! 105,000 Gallons Of Raw Sewage Dumped Into Fort Worth River
- Dose of Sass with Steve Kemble June 24, 2016 (Audio)
- Here Are The Best Ways To Save Some Dollars At The State Fair This Year