A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- This Will Make You Think Of “Saved By The Bell” In A Whole Different Way!
- Why Meghan Trainor Should Win the Best New Artist GRAMMY
- Chicago Release Official Statement on Peter Cetera
- Carly Rae Jepsen Covers ‘Full House’ Theme in New Trailer
- Hall & Oates Announce Summer Tour 2016
- Go Behind The Scenes of Taylor Swift’s ‘Out Of The Woods’ Music Video
- Did Donald Trump Just Call Ted Cruz A P*$$Y?
- Husband Sues Wife For Not Cooking And Cleaning Enough!
- Did This Baby Just Punch Himself In This Ultrasound? It’s Going Viral Now!
- Madonna Has Hired A P.I. In Custody Battle For Her Son Rocco