6-Year-Old Gladewater, Texas Boy’s Lemonade Stand Rises $10,000 For Cancer-Stricken Dad
A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Guy Fakes His Own Death So He Doesn’t Have To Get Married
- Comedians Response To Westboro Baptist Church’s Plan To Protest Robin Williams Funeral
- Super Bowl Halftime Show Short List Posted, Who Do You Want To See??
- See Aerosmith LIVE
- Score Tickets To “Buyer & Cellar” Starring Michael Urie
- OneRepublic And Christina Perri All Access Weekend
- Get Your Tickets Today For 103.7 KVIL’s POPTOPIA
- KVIL Summer of 1D
- Learn The ABCs Of Back To School Style From NorthPark
- Win A $100 IKEA Shopping Spree