A 6-year-old Gladewater, Texas, boy, Drew Cox, has reportedly taken in more than $10,000 in one day at a lemonade stand he set up to raise money for his cancer stricken dad.
Now that’s knowing how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Drew’s father, Randy Cox, was with seminoma earlier this year. That’s typically a type of testicular cancer, but in Cox’s case it’s non-testicular and tumors appeared in his chest and elsewhere in his body. The condition is treatable with chemotherapy.
Drew wanted to help his dad pay for the medical bills.
“He is so important to me. We like to play with each other. Lots of times we like to play games,” Drew told KLTV.
Randy Cox has medical insurance, but will still have to pay thousands in medical costs. “You know it almost made me cry. It’s nice knowing that my kids care so much for me,” Randy said.
Drew opened his stand on Saturday (April 14th) charging just $.25 a cup. Word spread quickly, and customers came from far and wide. One even wrote a $5,000 check. By the end of the day Drew had raised more than $10,000 for his family.
- Sybil Interviews Jennifer Chinnis From CultureMap
- RHBH: Yolanda And David Foster Are Getting Divorced!
- Tons Of People Paid $5 For Nothing On Black Friday!
- New Anti-Ageing Drug Could Be Around The Corner
- Dallas Could Be Making A Play To Bring The Rangers Downtown!
- People Are Actually Naming Their Kids After Instagram Filters!
- Have You Seen The New Alex From Target?
- Need Help With Your Elf? Here Are 33 Amazing Ideas For You!
- Did This Celebrity Wear Her Dress Backwards On Conan Last Night?
- World AIDS Day: Places To Get Free HIV Testing In Dallas