It’s Tax Day. If you’ve waited until now to file your income taxes, you have to get those postmarked by today. Here is what you need to know to get everything off to the IRS.
Besides Christmas, this is one of the busiest days of the year for the US Postal Service. Some USPS locations will be open after 6:00PM so you can get your tax returns mailed off on time. The USPS suggests sending tax returns First Class as the IRS recognizes the First Class postmark as proof that your return was mailed on time. If you really want to make sure that your tax return gets where it’s going, use Delivery Confirmation to track your return.
Do you have everything you need to be send off? Make sure you have all the personal information required such as Social Security Numbers, Residential Addresses, and Child Care Provider information. Make sure you have included the W-2 forms from all employers and 1099 forms for any other income you’ve may have received last year (Yes, you will have to claim you winnings from Las Vegas if they are over a certain amount.)
You can visit the USPS website to located post offices near you that will be open late, a full checklist of what you should include with your return, and information on the best way to get everything mailed off to the IRS. Go to USPS.com.
- WATCH: “Game Of Thrones” Season 6 Blooper Reel
- The Best Places in DFW To Celebrate National Tequila Day Today!
- WATCH: Reporter Caught Playing Pokemon Go During A Government Briefing on Isis
- 4-Year-Old Dies After Babysitter Allegedly Forgets Her in Hot Car
- ‘Justice League’ Trailer Surprises Fans at Comic-Con
- Second Arch Is Now Complete of McDermott Bridge Near Downtown Dallas
- Dirk Nowitzki Signs Two-Year Deal With Mavericks for $50 Million
- VIDEO: It’s The Suitcase You Can Ride Around The Airport!
- See How Mark Cuban Slammed Donald Trump (Repeatedly) On Twitter!
- Little Girl Swimming With Burmese Python In Kiddie Pool Video Resurfaces