It’s Tax Day. If you’ve waited until now to file your income taxes, you have to get those postmarked by today. Here is what you need to know to get everything off to the IRS.
Besides Christmas, this is one of the busiest days of the year for the US Postal Service. Some USPS locations will be open after 6:00PM so you can get your tax returns mailed off on time. The USPS suggests sending tax returns First Class as the IRS recognizes the First Class postmark as proof that your return was mailed on time. If you really want to make sure that your tax return gets where it’s going, use Delivery Confirmation to track your return.
Do you have everything you need to be send off? Make sure you have all the personal information required such as Social Security Numbers, Residential Addresses, and Child Care Provider information. Make sure you have included the W-2 forms from all employers and 1099 forms for any other income you’ve may have received last year (Yes, you will have to claim you winnings from Las Vegas if they are over a certain amount.)
You can visit the USPS website to located post offices near you that will be open late, a full checklist of what you should include with your return, and information on the best way to get everything mailed off to the IRS. Go to USPS.com.
- 23 Olympic Athletes Just Tested Positive For Blood Doping! Will They Compete? Get The Cheating Details!
- Marc Scibilia Live With Kannon and Sybil
- Levi Johnston Ordered To Pay Back Child Support To Bristol Palin
- P!NK’s Cover Of Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit” Is Amazing!
- Ouch!!! Watch A Sumo Wrestler Test Out Human Fly Paper!!!
- A New Study Says Cellphone Radiation Causes Cancer In Rats
- Tornado Hits A Texas Prison
- Spelling Bee Co-Champ Throws Up Dez Bryant’s X
- VIDEO: Best Graduation Speech Of ALL Time! Steven Spielberg To Harvard Grads: Be A Real-Life Movie Hero
- The New Fifth Harmony Album ‘7/27’ has Arrived