Houston Eatery Serves $12K Titanic Meal
Twelve women dressed in their fanciest of dress sat ready to dive ever so delicately into a 10-course meal worth $12,000 all to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the maiden voyage of the RMS Titanic.
At Cullen’s in Houston the twelve lucky guests enjoyed a replica dinner from Chef Paul Lewis to fit a high class passenger on the ship that sank and killed 1,514 people. Lucky for the patrons of the night the did not have to worry about their ship sinking shortly after dinner in the icy waters of the Northern Atlantic.
Chef Lewis and Cullen’s executive director Ryan Roberts spent months researching the menu, waiters’ attire, china, silverware, and every little detail to get the evening as authentic as possible.
Cullen’s partnered with the Museum of Natural Science to include a tour of it’s Titanic exhibit for their $12,000 dinner for 12. The opportunity to enjoy a night with the Titanic is available through September when the exhibit leaves the Museum for a new destination.
The guests get to eat a meal fairly close to the one on the Titanic that faithful evening. While the menus were easy to find (the were some of the artifacts recovered from the wreckage) there were no directions or full ingredient list and some things had to be interpreted.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Champ A Dead Beat Dad?
- Rumor About Teresa Giudice’s Post-Prison Plans Busted!
- Kris Humphries’ Nasty Tweet Aimed At Bruce Jenner During Special!?
- Bruce Jenner: The Interview
- PIC: Bruce Jenner Bravely Shows His Favorite Dress To Diane Sawyer
- PHOTO: The Full Look – Jared Leto As The Joker In ‘Suicide Squad.’
- VIDEO: Kory Chats with Andrew McMahon
- We Talked To Scheana Marie From “Vanderpump Rules” Today, So Much Fun!
- BREAKING: Josh Hamilton Could Be Coming Back To The Texas Rangers
- 10 Horrific “Greys Anatomy” Exits, Ranked By How Much They Traumatized You!