Houston Eatery Serves $12K Titanic Meal
Twelve women dressed in their fanciest of dress sat ready to dive ever so delicately into a 10-course meal worth $12,000 all to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the maiden voyage of the RMS Titanic.
At Cullen’s in Houston the twelve lucky guests enjoyed a replica dinner from Chef Paul Lewis to fit a high class passenger on the ship that sank and killed 1,514 people. Lucky for the patrons of the night the did not have to worry about their ship sinking shortly after dinner in the icy waters of the Northern Atlantic.
Chef Lewis and Cullen’s executive director Ryan Roberts spent months researching the menu, waiters’ attire, china, silverware, and every little detail to get the evening as authentic as possible.
Cullen’s partnered with the Museum of Natural Science to include a tour of it’s Titanic exhibit for their $12,000 dinner for 12. The opportunity to enjoy a night with the Titanic is available through September when the exhibit leaves the Museum for a new destination.
The guests get to eat a meal fairly close to the one on the Titanic that faithful evening. While the menus were easy to find (the were some of the artifacts recovered from the wreckage) there were no directions or full ingredient list and some things had to be interpreted.
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Did Tom Cruise Stalk His Ex?
- Melissa McCarthy And Kristen Wiig Reunite For Another Comedy
- Taylor Swift on Hackers’ Claim of Nude Photos: ‘You Got Nothing’
- ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Reboot Cast Led by Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig
- We Talked To The Teacher Who Did The Viral Video To “Uptown Funk” Hear It HERE!!
- Apple Watch Will Go On Sale In…
- Howard Stern Calls Sam Smith An Ugly, Fat, Mother F***er!
- Watch Channing Tatum Reunite With His Imaginary Friends
- Chris Pratt Targeted For Next Indiana Jones Reboot
- All Female Ghostbusters Cast Just Announced