Beyonce Shares Her Love For Michelle Obama
Even superstars get starstruck. Just ask Beyoncé. The pop singer has posted a handwritten fan letter on her website praising Michelle Obama as “the ultimate example of a truly strong African American woman.” In her note she gushes that “no matter the pressure and the stress of being under under the microscope” the First Lady always manages to be “humble, loving and sincere.”
The new mom, whose daughter Blue Ivy was born January 7, ends her letter by thanking Mrs. Obama for all that she has done saying, “I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to.”
This isn’t the first time Beyoncé shared her appreciation for the First Lady. Last year, she joined Mrs. Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign, which looks to fight childhood obesity in America. She re-worked her single “Get Me Bodied” to create the song and video for “Move Your Body.” This became the anthem for the initiative’s “Let’s Move! Flash Workout” program, promoting physical activity among school children.
Beyonce’s been doing a lot of letter writing lately. Last week, she posted an adoring note about Sade, writing, “Her music has been a true friend, as all true music should be.”
She’ll return to the big stage this Memorial Day for a three-day stint at the Revel casino, Atlantic City, NJ’s brand new mega-resort . This will be Beyonce’s first live show since giving birth earlier this year.
— Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Ariana Grande Mistakenly Posts A Video Of Her Kissing Another Girl On Instagram
- VIDEO: Jay Leno Fills In For Jimmy Fallon On The Tonight Show
- Winner Of The $310 Million Dollar Powerball Ticket Revealed!
- The McKinney Fire Department Want To Give You A Free Pizza Today!
- It’s Here! McDonald’s All Day Breakfast Has Arrived! Here Are Some Of The Best Reactions
- $4.99 Chipotle Delivery Is Real. Here’s The Code To Get Your First Burrito FREE!
- It’s Looking Like Nick Gordon Is Going To Face Murder Charges In The Death Of Bobbi Kristina Brown
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter Chelsea Gives Juicy Tell All Interview And Rosie Responds
- Paul McCartney Releases Alternate Video for Michael Jackson Duet ‘Say, Say, Say’
- Instagram Turns 5, Who Makes The Top 10?