With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- This Guys Wife’s Hair Caught On Fire During A Romantic Bubble Bath!
- These Students Secretly Filmed Their Teacher Being Awesome Everyday!
- Amy Schumer Trying To Get Out Of A Pool Float Is The Funniest Thing You Will See All Day!
- Cowboys CEO Stephen Jones Selling His Highland Park Mansion
- Amber Heard Now Has A $20 Million Reason To Smile!
- Video: Libertarian Party Candidate Strips And Dances At National Convention
- Video: Man Sings Almost Every Hit Song From 2000-2016 Over One Beat
- New Video Footage Shows U.F.O. Flying Over Military Base
- Adele Just Got A Deal On A Mansion In Beverly Hills: For $9.5 Million!
- Beach Closes After Apparent Shark Attack On Memorial Day Weekend