With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Kid Replaces Family Photos With Pics Of Steve Buscemi: Waits For Parents To Notice
- State Fair Of Texas: Are You Up For Some Bacon-Wrapped Churros Or Fried Jell-O?
- McKinney Plans for Restaurant Row
- Facebook May Owe $5 Billion In Taxes And Uncle Sam Is Mad, See Why!
- Ice Cube Revamps ‘Hollywood Squares’ as Hip-Hop Game Show
- Montel Williams Busted For Possession Of Marijuana
- 3 Iconic Sesame Street Cast Members Have Been Let Go
- It’s A Boy Meets World Reunion On The Set Of Girl Meets World
- Break Up Rumors Swirl After Rob Kardashian Deletes All His Instagram Pics
- Conservatives Are Not Happy That Bradley Cooper Attended The DNC