With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and the re-release of James Cameron’s epic film in 3D, movie-goers in China are realizing that something or somethings are missing.
In the Chinese version of the movie, Kate’s character is shown only from the neck up in the famous scene where she is being drawn with just the necklace on. And the issue isn’t really with the fact that Kate’s bare breasts are shown in that scene. It has to do with how the movie is being shown.
“Considering the vivid 3D effects, we fear that viewers may reach out their hands for a touch and thus interrupt other people’s viewing,” read a statement from China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. “We’ve decided to cut off the nudity scenes.”
There has been some outcry in China about it, but not much can be done when the State has all the power of what is and isn’t shown.
More From the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Bono, Richard Branson, Olivia Wilde Join Matt Damon’s ‘Toilet Strike’
- Ms. Emeli Sandé Goes To Washington To Honor Carole King
- Dog Whisper Cesar Millan Chats About Bringing Home New Pets
- Cat Bearding Is The Hottest New Photo Meme On The Web
- Men Who Are More High-Maintenance Than Women
- Help Three Dog Bakery Feed Dogs In Need
- Mom Has Son Arrested For Stealing Her Pop-Tarts
- Hollywood Hot Talk With Leigh Ann
- Julie’s Review Room