It’s been more then a week and finally the person with the winning ticket in Maryland has come forward with ticket in hand.
Shortly after the winning numbers were announced a woman came forward saying that she had purchased the winning ticket and lost it. But now a different woman has come forward with the ticket and it has been verified by the Maryland Lottery officials.
It is not known whether the person with the confirmed ticket is part of the work group that the first woman who came forward, Mirlande Wilson, was a part of. Wilson, a McDonald’s employee, claims she was guarding a group of tickets for her and her co-workers but had bought the winning ticket on her own and would not share the winnings with them. She later came out and said she had mis-placed the ticket.
The confirmed ticket secures the final prize of the record $656 million jackpot. Three winning tickets were purchased, each ticket paying out $218 million.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- WATCH: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- Christmas Cats TV Is Streaming Live On the Internet
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns