Inspect Your Home Before You File Insurance Claims
No doubt that insurance claims offices will be busy over the next few weeks. Somewhere between 600 to 800 homes were damaged or destroyed in Tuesday’s Tornadoes. Insurance providers will be setting up mobile claims centers around North Texas. Find out where.
USAA Insurance will have mobile claims centers at the following locations from 7AM to 7PM everyday.
- Huffines Chevrolet Lewisville, 1400 S. Stemmons Freeway
- Bankston Ford on Arlington, 1400 I-20 West
You can also file your claims online at USAA.com.
- Home Depot, 4611 S. Cooper in Arlington
- Walmart, 150 North Beckley in Lancaster
You can also call 1-800-54-STORM (78676) or visit Allstate.com to file your claim.
Before filing a claim, check over your house. Even if you don’t have obvious damage to your roof, exterior walls, fences, or windows, check for cracks in the walls that weren’t there before as that could indicate shifting and settling in the walls. Also look around doors and windows. Look in rooms not regularly used. Check the foundation for cracks, and look for changes in the level of the floor. Inspect your plumbing and make sure there are no leaks around the water heater. Flush all the toilets, turn on all the faucets, and check connecting pipes for leaks. In the coming days, look at your ceiling and walls for signs of water damage. Lastly, inspect your gutters as they can cause water damage long after the storm.
- Do You Know What ALS Does To Your Body? Here Is Pete Frates Story
- SPOILER ALERT: Major Stunt Shot For Downton Abbey Season Premiere!
- BLOG: The Night Before Phantom Of The Opera!
- Taylor Swift Will Not Sing About Exes, Air Dirty Laundry on ‘1989’
- Jimmy Fallon Takes On Pierce Brosnan In ‘Goldeneye’ Video Game
- Leigh Ann: Jennifer Hudson’s Half-Brother Jailed
- Sam Smith: Tinder is ‘Ruining Romance’
- Listen to a Preview of Ariana Grande’s ‘Too Close’
- NFL Asks Coldplay, Katy Perry & Rihanna to Pay to Play 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- 7 Videos That Led Director Mark Romanek to Taylor Swift