Inspect Your Home Before You File Insurance Claims
No doubt that insurance claims offices will be busy over the next few weeks. Somewhere between 600 to 800 homes were damaged or destroyed in Tuesday’s Tornadoes. Insurance providers will be setting up mobile claims centers around North Texas. Find out where.
USAA Insurance will have mobile claims centers at the following locations from 7AM to 7PM everyday.
- Huffines Chevrolet Lewisville, 1400 S. Stemmons Freeway
- Bankston Ford on Arlington, 1400 I-20 West
You can also file your claims online at USAA.com.
- Home Depot, 4611 S. Cooper in Arlington
- Walmart, 150 North Beckley in Lancaster
You can also call 1-800-54-STORM (78676) or visit Allstate.com to file your claim.
Before filing a claim, check over your house. Even if you don’t have obvious damage to your roof, exterior walls, fences, or windows, check for cracks in the walls that weren’t there before as that could indicate shifting and settling in the walls. Also look around doors and windows. Look in rooms not regularly used. Check the foundation for cracks, and look for changes in the level of the floor. Inspect your plumbing and make sure there are no leaks around the water heater. Flush all the toilets, turn on all the faucets, and check connecting pipes for leaks. In the coming days, look at your ceiling and walls for signs of water damage. Lastly, inspect your gutters as they can cause water damage long after the storm.
- Paul McCartney Releases Alternate Video for Michael Jackson Duet ‘Say, Say, Say’
- Instagram Turns 5, Who Makes The Top 10?
- If You Have A LinkedIn Account They Might Owe You $1,500
- New York Giants Receiver Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Just Sent A Text To All The Side Chicks In His Phone
- You Have To See What Is In This Years Neiman Marcus Christmas Book
- The Home Button On The New iPhone Is Burning People’s Fingers
- Here Are The Happiest Cities In Texas
- These 19 Celebrities Real Names Will Shock You!
- James Franco Is In Dallas Through November! Have You Seen Him Around Town?
- Remember The Irving Boy Who Was Arrested For Bringing His Clock To School? There Is Now A Halloween Costume!