The top 8 performers on American Idol took the stage to belt out some 80’s hits Wednesday night. Granted most of the contestants weren’t even alive when the songs they were singing were popular. Along with their solo performances the four guys paired up with the four girls to sing some 80’s duets as well. McKinney’s own Hollie Cavanagh was looking to bounce back from a rough week last week.
Hollie listened to a lot of her critique that she’d only sang ballads up to this point and chose to do “Flashdance…What A Feeling”. After a little delay in her starting her performance because of some keyboard power issues Hollie struggled a little at the start.
Jennifer Lopez told her that she made the beginning too musical and not fun enough. While the other judges believed she was thinking too much and didn’t let loose. They also told her that they were so hard on her because she has the voice to shine.
After a week where she was in the bottom 3, this performance might put Hollie right back there.
In her duet with DeAndra of ‘I’m So Excited’, which isn’t supposed to go into the judging or the votes, but we know they do, Hollie was much freer with her spirits. She moved around stage easily and looked like she was having a great time.
The results show is Thursday at 7:00pm on FOX. Tune in to see if McKinney’s Idol hope Hollie Cavanagh will be back one more time.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- There Is An Adult Summer Camp In Dallas And It Looks Amazing!
- Man Visits Texas Beach And Comes Back With Deadly Bacteria
- Husband’s Hidden Cameras Catch House Keeper Sleeping With His Wife!
- Parents Punish Teen Making Him Sleep In Tent In The Backyard!
- Bride Demands Bridesmaids Help Pay For Her $10,500 Wedding Dress!
- New Refrigerator Will Send You A Picture So You Know What You Don’t Have
- This Is How To Contour Your Butt So It Looks Lifted And Toned!
- Barnes And Noble Opening Stores That Sell Beer And Wine!
- VIDEO: Learn To Chug Beer In A Ladylike Manner
- Kelly Clarkson Announces New ‘Soulful Album,’ Free Downloads