Find Pets Lost In The Aftermath Of The Tornadoes
Many times, the focus after a tornado is on the people who’ve been affected by damage to their homes. However, it’s the pets that often get overlooked after a disaster. Family pets who have survived the tornadoes have been separated from their human families, and the SPCA has tips on finding your lost pet.
If you have lost a pet in the tornadoes, the first thing you want to do is call the animal shelters around your area. Call and visit shelters often as animal control and citizens are brining in found pets around the clock. The SPCA is not picking up lost or stray pets, but they are taking in found pets and checking for microchips. Also put up flyers around your neighborhood and surrounding areas. The flyers should include a photo, description of your pet, your contact information, the date you last saw your pet, and the location your pet was last seen.
You will also want to post and check websites. LostAndFound.com and PetFinder.com have resources for you to find your missing pet. There is also a Facebook page set up for posting lost and found pets called Lost and Found Pets From North Texas Tornadoes.
In the future, the SPCA recommends having an emergency preparedness plan that includes your pets. Make sure your pets are microchipped and have collars with your current contact information. If you pets are distressed during storms, consider buying them a Thundershirt which is available at the SPCA center in West Dallas or at local pet supply stores.
- FUNNY VIDEO: David Beckham Schools His Son Brooklyn
- WATCH: Lady Gaga Gets A Ticket!
- WATCH: Ben Affleck In New Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Teaser
- WATCH: Matt McConaughey’s Hilarious Reaction To New Star Wars Trailer
- Office Manager Accused Of Operating On Patients While Dentist Was Out Of The Office!
- Truck Spills 14 Million Bees Onto Major Highway!
- Avengers Ticket Tuesday
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Science Rules – Nothing To Wine About