Tornado Relief Shelters And How To Help
After the storms have passed, the clean up begins. It’s time to band together and help our neighbors in need. Here’s how you can help!
If you were affected by the storms, you can register at the American Red Cross’ Safe & Well website to inform family that you are okay by going to the American Red Cross Safe & Well website.
The American Red Cross has also set up shelters in two locations for storm victims.
- Tommie Allen Recreation Center, 7070 Bonnie View Road in Dallas
- Lancaster Recreation Center, 1700 South Veterans Memorial Pkwy in Lancaster
The Salvation Army has set up two mobile emergency kitchens to provide food, fluids, and emotional support for victims. Those are located at:
- 1-20 & Kelly Elliott in Arlington
- Green Oaks & Waterview in Arlington
- The Salvation Army Community Center in Pleasant Grove (also a serving as a shelter for storm victims)
The Volunteer Center of North Texas is looking for anyone who wants to help those whose homes suffered damaged or were destroyed by the tornadoes. They are building a Mass Care Task Force which includes the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, the North Texas Food Bank, and the Volunteer Center of North Texas. Become a disaster volunteer by registering at vcnt.org. They will notify you if there is a need for major volunteer assistance.
Now is a good time to donate. You can make donations to the American Red Cross from your phone by texting “REDCROSS” to 90999 to contribute $10 to relief funds. Vandergriff Honda, at I-20 & Cooper in Arlington, will match 1-for-1 any donations to the Red Cross brought to their dealership today.
- Male Equivalent Of Hooters Coming To Dallas?
- Green Day’s Thank You Letter To Fans Will Bring A Tear To Your Eye
- BREAKING: 2015 NFL Schedule Just Announced!
- Jessa Duggar Pregnant And Expecting Her First Baby
- Full House Is Coming Back! The Real Question Is Are The Olsen Twins?
- Find A DFW Summer Camp And Class For Your Kiddo
- Rihanna Posts ‘James Joint’ Interlude from New Album: Listen
- VIDEO: Mesquite Police Save Man From Burning Car
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson Starting Own Record Label
- Paul Walker’s Car From ‘The Fast & The Furious’ Heading To Auction