Whitney Houston Shines In Newly Released Sparkle Trailer
TriStar Pictures released the full trailer for Sparkle today (April 2), which co-stars the late Whitney Houston in her final movie role that was to mark her return to the silver screen.
Co-starring former American Idol Jordin Sparks the trailer gives a first look at the movie about sisters following in the musical footsteps of their mother, played by Houston, to create the next big all-girl group of the ’60s.
While Cee-Lo Green, Mike Epps, Derek Luke and Jordin Sparks fill out the cast, Houston’s image looms large in the trailer. Reprising the role of Emma, a struggling mother of three daughters, she offers advice from a woman who has seen it all before.
“Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you,” she said. “It takes a lot of faith to do this, Sparkle.”
Given Houston’s untimely death and reported struggles with substance abuse, her words as Emma give the trailer an extra weight. At 48, Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub in February, six months before the film’s August release date. Her death has since been attributed to drugs, including cocaine.
Sparkle is due out on Aug. 17th. See full trailer below. –Erik Parker, CBS Local w/Britt Bickel, The Wave/Los Angeles
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- 4 Signs Your Marriage Will Fail!
- Is Katy Perry Busy Writing A Diss Song About Taylor Swift?
- Selena Gomez Comforts/Helps Suicidal Fan!
- Taylor Swift Knows What Color #TheDress Is, Obviously
- Madonna Promises No More Capes After ‘Nightmare’ Fall at Brit Awards
- VIDEO: Kanye West Tears Up And Shows His Sensitive Side
- What Color Dress Do You See?
- PHOTOS: Ed Sheeran Gets Wasted
- What Does Miley Cyrus Use To Spice Up Her Love Life?
- VIDEO: Old Men Hilariously Cover “Uptown Funk!”