The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Opens To Traffic Today
Today is the day the whole of Dallas has been waiting for. Today the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge opens to traffic. It’s been a long wait, but this is a chance you won’t want to miss.
There’s only one catch in opening the bridge to traffic today. It’s only going in one direction, eastbound from Singleton to downtown Dallas. The next phase will see westbound traffic from Woodall Rogers being able to drive across towards Beckley and Sylvan.
Wanna drive the bridge today? If you’re coming from downtown Dallas, make your way westbound across the Trinity by using I-30, Commerce, or Continental. Make your way back to Singleton by using a north-south road like Beckley or Sylvan. Turn back east and cross the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge! Make note that the bridge speed limit is 35mph, but it jumps up to 50mph once you hit Woodall Rogers.
There is still a lot of work to be done to get all the access points open to the bridge. Opening dates are still TBA. The 3rd phase will be southbound I-35E traffic using the exit near Woodall Rogers, and more to come soon!
Even so, it’s an exciting day for Dallas! Go out for a drive today!
- Study: Teens Are Better At Texting & Driving Than Adults
- Steve Kemble’s Secret Eggnog Recipe
- Guy Finds Women With Same Last Name As His Ex For Month Long Vacation
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- This Is What Santa Would Look Like If He Was Into High Fashion
- The 14 Most Extreme Plastic Surgeries of 2014
- The Nude Rowers Who Do A Calendar Every Year Are Doing A Full Frontal Film
- Beyonce Sent Out The Best Holiday Cards This Year
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- Are You Ready for Beyoncé’s Christmas Card?