Today is the day the whole of Dallas has been waiting for. Today the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge opens to traffic. It’s been a long wait, but this is a chance you won’t want to miss.
There’s only one catch in opening the bridge to traffic today. It’s only going in one direction, eastbound from Singleton to downtown Dallas. The next phase will see westbound traffic from Woodall Rogers being able to drive across towards Beckley and Sylvan.
Wanna drive the bridge today? If you’re coming from downtown Dallas, make your way westbound across the Trinity by using I-30, Commerce, or Continental. Make your way back to Singleton by using a north-south road like Beckley or Sylvan. Turn back east and cross the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge! Make note that the bridge speed limit is 35mph, but it jumps up to 50mph once you hit Woodall Rogers.
There is still a lot of work to be done to get all the access points open to the bridge. Opening dates are still TBA. The 3rd phase will be southbound I-35E traffic using the exit near Woodall Rogers, and more to come soon!
Even so, it’s an exciting day for Dallas! Go out for a drive today!
- Woman Shot Inside Walgreens Arlington, Good Samaritan Killed
- Amy Schumer Refuses To Take Pictures With Fans Because Of This Horrible Encounter
- Moms Are Really Upset This Woman Wants Paid ‘MEternity’ Leave For Women With No Kids!
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals What She’d Want As Her Last Meal, It’s Very Surprising
- PETA Is Ticked At Justin Bieber For Posing With A Chained Tiger
- Kerry Washington Is Pregnant! Scandal Star Expecting Second Child
- Idaho Couple Welcomes First Baby Girl In Family In 101 Years
- Verne Troyer From Austin Powers Disguises Himself Smoking In A Baby Stroller
- VIDEO: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Loses Steering Wheel & Drives With One Hand
- 10 Places To Take Mom For A Mother’s Day Brunch In DFW