Hollie Cavanagh Belts Former Idol Winner’s Song
McKinney’s American Idol hopeful Hollie Cavanagh had to sing a song from her real-life idol. She chose to step up to the plate with a Carrie Underwood hit “Jesus Take The Wheel”.
Backstage before the performance when Cavanagh met with mentor Stevie Nicks, she was little flat at the first go at the song. But Nicks talked about upping the emotion and connecting with the lyrics. This transformed Cavanagh’s performance, enough to make Nicks cry in the rehearsal space.
When the pint sized Cavanagh took the stage she belted out a strong performance of the song by the former Idol winner. The reviews however came back a little mixed from the Judges.
Randy Jackson thought it was a little pitchy in the low range and he pointed out how hard it is to cover a former winners song like this.
Jennifer Lopez was on the opposite side and loved the performance and ranked it up there with her best performances so far.
Steven Tyler fell neatly between the other two judges saying, “I’m not gonna mess with Jesus and/or Carrie … I just wish you sang a different song.”
In the end, Cavanagh put a strong performance on stage and at 18 is showing a lot of growth on the show. She’s yet to tackle and upbeat song, but her voice certainly is in the top of this year’s final nine.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Man Has “The Dress” Tattooed On His Leg And We Still Aren’t Sure What Color It Is
- VIDEO: Ariana Grande Almost Dies At Her Honeymoon Tour Concert
- Rumors Are Khloe Kardashian Or NeNe Leakes Will Replace Kelly Osbourne On Fashion Police
- Did SNL Cross The Line With Dakota Johnson ISIS Skit? Funny or Shocking?
- Bobbi Kristina ‘absolutely no signs of life lately’
- Khloe Kardashian in Talks to Join Fashion Police!
- Ingrid Michaelson Parts Ways With Husband
- One Night Out With Katy Tiz
- Foodie Blog: One Pot Pasta
- Kid Rock SLAMS Beyonce in Rolling Stone!