A basset hound in England saved his own life by calling the police emergency line 999.
George, a two-year-old basset hound, had knocked his phone on the floor and became entagled in the wire. When he panicked he managed to phone 999 (Britain’s 911). The emergency operator informed the police who rushed over to the home of Steve Brown.
A family friend and neighbor saw them about to smash the door in and opened the door with a spare key. The officers sprinted in looking for a choking individual.
The neighbor, Paul Walker, walked into the living room and found a terrified George choking. He ripped the wire from around the dogs neck to save him.
“The police split up and ran through the house thinking someone had either been attacked or was desperately ill,” Walker told The Sun. “I went to look round as well and walked into this room and saw George choking. He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself. I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out.
“Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 — he literally saved his own life. When the police came into the room and realised what had happened they burst out laughing.
“They told me they had been sent out because of a 999 call in which the operator could only hear heavy breathing and gasping. They thought someone had collapsed or been attacked.”
George is fine now and recovering nicely with his family.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Here Are The 10 Shows You Need To Binge Watch Over Thanksgiving!
- Golden Girls “Granny Panties” Are A Real Thing!
- These 4 Habits Are Making You Look WAY Older Than You Are!
- Ellie Goulding Remixes “Love Me Like You Do” In Every Genre Of Music You Can Imagine!
- The 25 Amazing Things You Have To Make With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers!
- These Tweets Will Make Every Nurse Alive Laugh Out Loud!
- Our Very Own Leigh Ann Was Featured In DFW Child Magazine!
- Bryan Adams on ‘Get Up!,’ Country Music and Amy Winehouse
- Sybil Interview Anna Kurian From North Texas Food Bank
- Find Out Which Bars Will Be Open Thanksgiving