Choking Dog Saves His Own Life By Calling Police
A basset hound in England saved his own life by calling the police emergency line 999.
George, a two-year-old basset hound, had knocked his phone on the floor and became entagled in the wire. When he panicked he managed to phone 999 (Britain’s 911). The emergency operator informed the police who rushed over to the home of Steve Brown.
A family friend and neighbor saw them about to smash the door in and opened the door with a spare key. The officers sprinted in looking for a choking individual.
The neighbor, Paul Walker, walked into the living room and found a terrified George choking. He ripped the wire from around the dogs neck to save him.
“The police split up and ran through the house thinking someone had either been attacked or was desperately ill,” Walker told The Sun. “I went to look round as well and walked into this room and saw George choking. He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself. I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out.
“Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 — he literally saved his own life. When the police came into the room and realised what had happened they burst out laughing.
“They told me they had been sent out because of a 999 call in which the operator could only hear heavy breathing and gasping. They thought someone had collapsed or been attacked.”
George is fine now and recovering nicely with his family.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Can You Guess The Next Lyrics To These Songs??
- Meghan Trainor Cancels Shows Due To Injury!
- Dallas Bucket List: You Have To Do These Before You Die
- Apple’s Bold New Product!
- Tattoo Artist Turns Little Girls Leg Braces Into Amazing Disney Villains
- 20 Magazine Covers That Made You Fall In Love With The V Line!
- Taylor Swift And Calvin Harris Cutest Moments
- VIRAL VIDEO: Pitch Perfect Cups Taken To A Whole Other Level
- Someone Is Trying To Sell A Photo Of Bobbi Kristina On Her Death Bed
- Terrifying Facts That Will Make You Think Twice Before Getting In The Pool This 4th Of July Weekend