New research suggests that people who eat chocolate are thinner. Done. No more story needed.
A study of nearly 1,000 US people found those who eat chocolate a few times a week were slimmer than those who only occasionally ate it.
Chocolate does increase calorie intake but regular consumption was related to lower body mass index (BMI) in the study, which was published in the Archives of Internal Medicine.
Even when other factors like exercise were taken into account the link remained.
The key seems to point to how often chocolate is eaten, rather than how much is consumed.
The findings only point out the link between the amount of chocolate eaten and a lower BMI. It does not prove a reason why or that one factor causes the other.
More stories from the New 103.7 Lite FM
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- WATCH: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- Christmas Cats TV Is Streaming Live On the Internet
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Our Favorite Local Weather People