Chocolate May Help Keep People Slimmer
New research suggests that people who eat chocolate are thinner. Done. No more story needed.
A study of nearly 1,000 US people found those who eat chocolate a few times a week were slimmer than those who only occasionally ate it.
Chocolate does increase calorie intake but regular consumption was related to lower body mass index (BMI) in the study, which was published in the Archives of Internal Medicine.
Even when other factors like exercise were taken into account the link remained.
The key seems to point to how often chocolate is eaten, rather than how much is consumed.
The findings only point out the link between the amount of chocolate eaten and a lower BMI. It does not prove a reason why or that one factor causes the other.
More stories from the New 103.7 Lite FM
- Foodie Blog: Chocolate Banana Heaven Breakfast Smoothie
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Light Up Paris with ‘Young Forever/Halo’ from HBO’s ‘On The Run’ Special: Watch
- Win Tickets To #WCS In LA
- High School Football Player Gives Best Speech Ever
- Alaska Reporter Quits In Amazing Fashion
- Kate Hudson Sees Dead People
- What’s Hot: Science Day At The Dallas Zoo
- We Can Survive 2014: Taylor Swift, Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande and More
- Tommy Chong Talks DWTS & Willie Nelson (Really)
- Pat Monahan Talks Train’s ‘Sail Across the Sun’ Cruise