Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Sybil Interviews Jennifer Chinnis From CultureMap
- RHBH: Yolanda And David Foster Are Getting Divorced!
- Tons Of People Paid $5 For Nothing On Black Friday!
- New Anti-Ageing Drug Could Be Around The Corner
- Dallas Could Be Making A Play To Bring The Rangers Downtown!
- People Are Actually Naming Their Kids After Instagram Filters!
- Have You Seen The New Alex From Target?
- Need Help With Your Elf? Here Are 33 Amazing Ideas For You!
- Did This Celebrity Wear Her Dress Backwards On Conan Last Night?
- World AIDS Day: Places To Get Free HIV Testing In Dallas