Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Watch These Poor Guys Get Bikini Waxes! This Is Hilarious!
- MASSIVE Alligator Just Casually Strolls Across Golf Course!
- Internet Conspiracy Says Eminem Died A Few Years Ago From A Drug Overdose
- This Baker Was Allowed To Pay His Child Support In Pizza!
- Selena Gomez Gets Fresh in ‘The Fundamentals of Caring’ Trailer
- Men Are Transplanting Hair To Their Face
- You Need To Stop Throwing Away These 5 Items And Start Selling Them
- The Bachelorette’s Chad Johnson On His Fellow Contestants, “It Is Kind Of Hard To Determine Who Is There for The Right Reasons”
- This Woman Was Stopped From Boarding An Airplane Because Her Shorts Were considered ‘Inappropriate’
- The ‘Full House’ Family Home Is Up For Sale