Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- The Dumbest Things Patients Have Ever Said To Doctors! WOW!
- Taylor Swift Is Shopping For A Wedding Dress
- Are John And Katy Back Together?? Again??
- OMG: A “Gilmore Girls” Reunion Might Be Happening!
- PIC: Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Someone Else’s Wedding
- Michael Jackson Molestation Lawsuit Dropped
- VIDEO: TERRIFYING Footage Of Flood Water Rushing Into This Families Living Room
- The Top 20 Songs I Can’t Wait To Hear At The Fray Concert
- Kelly Clarkson Singing ‘Love Shack’ Karaoke with a 10-Year-Old Fan Is Super Cute: Watch
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashians Lip Injections Are So Big She Struggles To Talk