Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Taylor Swift To Hackers: I don’t have ANY nudes!
- 2015 Dallas Go Red For Women Luncheon
- A Dose of Sass: The Oscar Race Is Heating Up!
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers
- VIDEO: How Women’s Desired Body Shapes Have Progressed Through The Ages
- Madonna Calls Taylor Swift the ‘Princess’ of Pop, Now Taylor Swift is ‘Dead’
- How Phillip Phillips’ Lawsuit Will Expose and Change ‘American Idol’
- Elton John & ‘True Blood’ Creator Alan Ball to Write Musical Pilot For HBO
- Nick Jonas Joins ‘Scream Queens’ Cast with Ariana Grande
- Did Tom Cruise Stalk His Ex?