Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- WATCH: Not Checking The Potty Before You Go In Australia Can Have Serious Consequences
- You’ll Never Guess What Throwback Group Secretly Sang Back Up On FourFiveSeconds
- VIDEO: Judge Cracks Up At Drug Offender With Last Name Cocaine
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Puts Her Curves On Display
- Leaked Zayn Malik Track Isn’t What We Thought?
- TWEETS: Piers Morgan Had A Hilarious Visit To Dallas!
- Director Says TV Character Is “Not Straight…”
- Best Headline I’ve Seen Today: “Pennsylvania Man Killed By His Dead Mother-In-Law”
- 10 Happy Hours You Have To Hit In Dallas
- Spooky TV Shows Are On the Rise: 5 To Watch Out For