Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Elton John Performs Post-Super Bowl Carpool Karaoke with James Corden
- The Super Bowl “Woo” Guy Enrages People On Social Media
- Taylor Swift to Open the GRAMMY Awards
- Bernie Sanders Appears on SNL with Doppelganger Larry David
- AUDIO: Dose Of Sass With Steve Kemble For February 8th, 2016
- ‘Hot Ref’ Clete Blakeman Praised on Social Media During Super Bowl
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Adorable Picture Of Apple Martin And Blue Ivy At The Super Bowl
- These Were The Top 5 Commercials From The Super Bowl
- VIDEO: Watch Beyonce Recover From A Fall During The Halftime Show Like A Boss
- Which Friends Star Says They Had Nearly Had A Nervous Breakdown After The Show Ended?