Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- This Little Girl Is A Better Dancer Than You
- Directors, Screenwriters Announced for New ‘Star Wars’ Film About Han Solo
- VIDEO: Little Girl Pulls Her Own Tooth With A Sling Bow
- Confessions From People Who Cry Too Easy
- Iggy Pop, Brandon Flowers Guesting on New Order’s New Album
- Ryan Reynolds Reveals The Thing That Freaks Him Out The Most About Fatherhood
- Taylor Swift: Prom Attire Consultant
- Paula Deen Offends Everyone Again Posting A Picture Of Her Son With Brown Face
- The Most Amazing Starbucks Drinks From Around The World
- This 52-Year-Old Mom Says These Two Things Are What Keeps Her Looking Like She’s In Her 20s