Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- We Aren’t Sorry! 20 Things Women Should No Longer Have To Apologize For!
- Prom, Performance & A Date: 8 Celebs Who Crashed a High School Party
- Taking Your Kid to a Pink Concert Is a Totally Fine Parenting Move, Judge Rules
- Nate Ruess Debuts New Song ‘AhHa': Listen
- BREAKING: It’s Official, Josh Hamilton Is Coming Back! Press Conference At 3:30!
- Wait! Where Are They Announcing The Royal Baby’s Birth?
- VIDEO: President Obama Enlists An “Anger Translator”
- New App Celebs Are Obsessed With! My Idol!
- Bruce Jenner Will Star In A Docuseries About His Transition
- How ‘Uptown Funk’ Was Written: Watch