Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Kelly Wilson Drops By For #SingForNicole Update
- What’s Hot: The Boy From Oz
- New Maverick Chandler Parsons Dating Kendall Jenner?
- Leigh Ann: Things A Man Never Wants To See In Your House
- Leigh Ann: Liam Payne Posts Naked Picture On Instagram
- Leigh Ann: Tim McGraw’s Slap Victim Gets A Lawyer
- Leigh Ann: Spanx Jeans Are A Thing Now
- Coldplay Donates $17,000 to Terminally Ill Fan
- Meteorologist Responds To Viewer Complaining About Her Wardrobe
- Leigh Ann: JLO’s Bathtub Selfie