Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Can You Guess The Next Lyrics To These Songs??
- Meghan Trainor Cancels Shows Due To Injury!
- Dallas Bucket List: You Have To Do These Before You Die
- Apple’s Bold New Product!
- Tattoo Artist Turns Little Girls Leg Braces Into Amazing Disney Villains
- 20 Magazine Covers That Made You Fall In Love With The V Line!
- Taylor Swift And Calvin Harris Cutest Moments
- VIRAL VIDEO: Pitch Perfect Cups Taken To A Whole Other Level
- Someone Is Trying To Sell A Photo Of Bobbi Kristina On Her Death Bed
- Terrifying Facts That Will Make You Think Twice Before Getting In The Pool This 4th Of July Weekend