Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- VIDEO: Beyonce FORGETS To Lip Sync. Oops!
- One Direction’s Harry Styles Very Much Enjoys Kacey Musgraves’ Music
- VIDEO: Jimmy Fallon Sings Duets With Barbra Streisand As Elvis, Blake Shelton & Michael Buble.
- It’s Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett & a Flute Solo on ‘Nature Boy': Listen
- Bond #24 Set To Begin Filming In December
- Panic At The Disco Covers Bohemian Rhapsody
- More On Joan Rivers
- Ray Rice Blackeye CoverGirl Ad Spotlights Domestic Violence
- Watch Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Jam with Steve Winwood
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Welcome Baby Girl