Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Have You Seen This Epic Pomeranian Sneeze?
- Ashlee Simpson Welcomes Baby Girl!
- Mom Photographs Her Daughter And Dog Wearing The Same Thing Sparking Cuteness Debate
- LISTEN: Idiot Calls 911 Cause Girlfriend’s Cat Ate His Bacon
- British Swear Words We Need To Start Using Immediately
- Facts That Might Freak Out Your Friends
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- Ways To Cure Your Hangover
- Watch Caitlyn Jenner Try Her “Best Feminine Voice” For Kim Kardashian; Kim Not Convinced.
- Terrifying Male Sex Doll Is Extremely Well Endowed (NSFW)