Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Is Cameron Diaz Hiding A Baby Bump?
- VIDEO: Watch Miley Cyrus’ Family’s Live Reaction To Nicki Minaj Dissing Her
- Adam Levine Attempts To Make Breakfast For His Supermodel Wife And Makes A Mess
- This Little Girl Covered Her Little Brother Head To Toe With Peanut Butter
- Is Tom Hanks Son Missing??
- Justin Timberlake is Making a Concert Film
- Man Claims His 19-Inch Penis Is Ruining His Life
- TLC Failed To Mention Josh Duggar Once During It’s Sexual Abuse Special
- Mother-Of-Four Is Being Charged For Leaving Her Baby At A Store! The Internet Is Outraged!
- David Bowie, Flaming Lips, T.I. to Write Songs for SpongeBob Musical