Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Mariah Carey to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- LISTEN: Zac Efron And Adam Devine Talk To Us About Their New Movie
- VIDEO: Girl Tries To Catch Bouquet And Forgets She’s Holding A Baby
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement about Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Taylor Swift’s ‘Blank Space’
- 25 AMAZING Clothing Items You Didn’t Know You Could Buy Right Now!
- This Might Be The Biggest Engagement Announcement Fail Of All Time
- Did Katy Perry Just Announce She’ll Be Running For President In 2020?
- If You Have Celiac Disease, This Pill Will Let You Eat Gluten Soon!
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space”