Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- QUIZ: Which Coach From The Voice Are You?
- Brand New iPhone 6 DROP!
- This Pat Green Song Tells You Everything You Need To Know About Texas Women! They Are The Best!
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings
- Big Tex Installed At State Fair
- Dose Of Sass: The Gosling Baby, People’s Best Dressed & More!