Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- 103.7 KVIL’s Poptopia Giveaway
- TBT VIDEO: This Dance Troup’s Dance To MC Hammer Will Put A Smile On Your Face
- VIDEO: Robin Thicke’s Acting Debut Might Be Very Painful
- Julie’s Review Room: ‘Lucy’
- Mr. Big Drummer Pat Torpey Diagnosed with Parkinson’s
- Two UT Players Charged With Sexual Assault
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- #LiveLocal #RecipeOfTheDay
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do’: Watch
- Robin Thicke Admits Marriage Is Over, Says He Is Moving On