Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Steve Kemble’s Dose Of Sass!
- Guy Fakes His Own Death So He Doesn’t Have To Get Married
- Comedians Response To Westboro Baptist Church’s Plan To Protest Robin Williams Funeral
- Super Bowl Halftime Show Short List Posted, Who Do You Want To See??
- See Aerosmith LIVE
- Score Tickets To “Buyer & Cellar” Starring Michael Urie
- OneRepublic And Christina Perri All Access Weekend
- Get Your Tickets Today For 103.7 KVIL’s POPTOPIA
- KVIL Summer of 1D
- Learn The ABCs Of Back To School Style From NorthPark