Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Are The Halloween Decorations In The Front Yard Of This House Offensive?
- Watch Outtakes Of Robin Williams Recording “Aladdin” Voiceover
- Mila Kunis Is Hiring A Nanny And Insists She Can’t Be Hot
- 20 Breakup Texts That Will Make You Want To Stay Single Forever
- The New Internet Trend Is People Posing Naked As Frozen Chickens
- This Dress Will Convince You That You Need A Butt Veil For Your Wedding
- 23 Pictures That Guys Will Never Understand
- Spice Girls And Backstreet Boys To Reunite For A Joint Tour?
- Selena Gomez on Intimate, Authentic ‘Revival’
- Justin Bieber’s Dad Has Some Thoughts On His Penis