Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Frontier Airlines Is Offering Flights For $1 Today!
- Remember Doing The ‘Macarena’? You Will Never Believe The Meaning Of The Song!
- Chinese Man Has 11-Pound Turd Surgically Removed! This Is Crazy!
- Daycare Workers Accused Of Creating “Fight Club” With The Children And Posting Them On Social Media
- Lake Highlands Children’s Soccer Goals Dismantled and Thrown Into Creek By City Employee
- This Parrot Just Cussed Out A Dog And It Was Hilarious!!
- Phil Collins to Re-Issue Solo Albums
- New Death Row Records Film In The Works
- New ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Cast Revealed
- Janice Dickinson Almost Died On Celebrity Big Brother!