Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Concert Review: Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’ Tour
- Vatican Priest Father Krysztof Olaf Charamsa In A Gay Relationship Comes Out: Gets Fired
- VIDEO: Ellie Goulding Caught Lip-Syncing?
- Prescription Pills Apparently Found In Jim Carrey’s Ex’s House Under Carrey’s Alias
- Scary (But Good) Halloween Movies You Can Watch Now On Netflix
- Demi Lovato Just Posed Nude For “Vanity Fair”
- Watch Little Mix go to Prom in their ‘Love Me Like You’ Video
- Lady Gaga Covers ‘I Want Your Love,’ Strips Down for Tom Ford Fashion Promo
- This Woman Married A Gynecologist And Says Her Love Life Is Amazing!
- Your Prayers Have Been Answered! The Personal Pizza Carrier Has Arrived!