Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Dog Escapes Cage To Comfort Puppies First Night In Kennel!
- Prostitute Had To Be Surgically Removed From Her Client When Died During Services
- Texas School Sees Immediate Positive Response When They Triple Recess Time!
- Husband Paid To Have His Wife Killed! Wife Crashes Her Own Funeral!
- Bruno Mars to Join Coldplay for Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Reporter Gets Hit In The Face During Live Broadcast!
- Picture Of Mom And Her Twins Has Gone Viral! Can You Tell Who The Mom Is?
- Man Creates Brilliant Response For Telemarketers Using Dallas Phone Number
- Adele Shares a Photo of When She Was Young
- A-List Celebs Set To Appear In Super Bowl Commercials