Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- PHOTOS: Our First Night In Disneyland!
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow, And MORE To Read Mean Tweets About Themselves!
- Robin Williams’ Son Talks For The First Time About His Dad’s Death
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings
- Vine Of The Day: IronMan Prank- 11.21.14
- Bruce Jenner Bullied/Mocked By Bystander
- Bill Cosby Gets Standing Ovation: More Women Accuse!