Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Four Days Of NASCAR. One Low Price!
- InTouch Credit Union Plano Balloon Festival
- Don’t Miss LEGO® KidsFest
- Back-To-School Fails Are Fun
- See Jason Mraz Live
- Score Drake vs. Lil Wayne Tickets
- Win Kings Of Leon Tickets
- See Brad Paisley Live
- BREAKING: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Married Over The Weekend
- Hello Kitty Isn’t Really A Cat?