Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Justin Bieber Shaved Off Dreads, RIP Bieber Hair Started Trending
- Greatest Reaction When Jerry Jones Calls You To Join The Dallas Cowboys
- Mandy Moore Finds Heartbreaking “A Walk To Remember” Prop While Cleaning Her House
- VIDEO: Bradley Cooper Takes Lady Gaga For A Ride On His Motorcycle
- Kirk Cameron Is Catching Flak For His Recent Comments On Marriage
- Texas Issues A Syphilis Alert For Lubbock County After Cases Triple
- Allison Janney Returns To Her “West Wing” Roots With A Surprise Trip To The White House
- 4 Million Prince Albums Have Been Sold Since His Death
- 15 Types of Girls Twentysomething Guys Are Sick of Dating
- 10 Of The Best Businesses To Come From Shark Tank