Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- VIDEO: This Is The Most Heart Warming Thing You Will Watch All Week! ATM Automated Thanking Machine!
- KVIL Poptopia Headliner Phillip Phillips Talks About His First Kiss, And Much More
- If You Love Great Movies You Won’t Love This! Sharknado 2 In 2 Minutes!
- Julie’s Review Room: Guardians Of The Galaxy
- VIDEO: Vin Diesel Singing Sam Smith’s “Stay With Me.”
- Kate Upton Denied Puppy By MLB Player Boyfriend
- Lily Allen Says Miley’s Bangerz Tour Is “Incredible To Watch”
- Lorde to Curate ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1′ Soundtrack
- New Album from Janet Jackson is Coming Soon
- Posthumous Album of Robin Gibb’s Final Recordings Coming in September