Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Latest On The Ebola Virus In Dallas!
- I’m Not Fance Parody! Mom’s You Will Love This!
- PHOTO: Nick Jonas’ Amazing Abs
- Woman Receives Epic Hookup Invitation On Tinder
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- October 1st Is National Kale Day!! So Very 2014
- Queen Releases Stripped-Down Version of Freddie Mercury’s ‘Love Kills': Listen
- Celebrities With Fake Teeth
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Leigh Ann: Whoopi & Rosie Faught On The View