Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- What’s Hot: State Fair of Texas Big Tex Food Choice Awards
- Michael Urie In Studio!
- How To Delete Your Photos From iCloud
- FBI Investigating Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter After Controversial Comments on Consent
- News Flash Pamela Anderson Is Still Beautiful
- Carrie Underwood Is Pregnant
- Two Unreleased Adele Tracks Leak
- Vote For Dallas’ Most Eligible Bachelors!
- Carrie Underwood’s Pregnancy Announcement Is Everything