Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Twisty The Clown Takes Over Zazza Mornings
- Happy Halloweeeeeen From ALL Of Us At KVIL!!
- Women Cat Called Over 100 Times While Walking Through New York City! This Is Crazy
- Julie’s Review Room: Nightcrawler
- Allison Sweeney Leaves “Days Of Our Lives” – Read Her Farewell Letter To Fans
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Stacy’s Foodie Blog: Bacon Bash update!!
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been