Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- What’s Buzzing With Tony Zazza?!
- The Simpsons Vs Family Guy Video Is Pretty Awesome
- Dog Sees Owner For First Time In Years, Faints From Excitement
- Noah DVD Giveaway
- One Direction Concert Tickets Giveaway
- Vine Of The Day: 07.26.14
- Looking For Something Fun For The Whole Family This Weekend? Did I Mention All Of These Are Free!
- Text Wedding Invite To The Wrong Person And They Still Show Up? #WeStillComing
- VIDEO: Season 4 Game Of Thrones Bloopers
- VIDEO: Morgan Freeman & Jimmy Fallon On Helium Is EVERYTHING!