Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Third Steamy, Hot, Naughty “Fifty Shades of Grey” Trailer Is Out!
- Did Kourtney Just Break up with Scott on Instagram?
- KVIL Listener Photographs Chris Martin At Gwyneth Paltrow’s Event In Dallas
- Which Pop Star Did Sam Smith Get Detention For Seeing?
- #WeekendRewind: Mark Cuban Makes $6 & College Goes To Hogwarts
- VIDEO: EPIC Semi Truck Jump Over Speeding Formula 1 Car
- BREAKING: Chris Martin Spotted With Gwyneth Paltrow At Dallas Goop Opening
- Jennifer Aniston: “I Bared My Butt Way Way Before Kim Kardashian”
- VIDEO: Meghan Trainor “All About That Bass”…Best Parody?
- #ThanksMichelleObama: Students Tweet Concern Regarding Officious Food Tips