Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Bruce Jenner: Not Going To Pay Crash Victim’s Step-Kids, They Don’t Deserve It!
- Don’t Miss The Firestone 600 At Texas Motor Speedway
- Win Elle King Tickets
- This Mom Is Proudly Breast Feeding Her 6-Year-Old Daughter
- TRAIN FRONT ROW FRIDAY
- This Is What Victoria Secret Models Look Like Before They Retouch The Photos
- The Newest Instagram Trend is “Manties”
- The Worst Reality Shows Of ALL TIME (Well, So Far)
- The Worst Company Logos Of All Time
- These Celebrities Were Busted Doing Naughty Things In Public