Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Details Emerge of Hot Air Balloon Crash: Killing 16 in Texas
- MTV Launches ‘Classic’ Channel Dedicated to the 1990’s
- New Trend: Parents Naming Babies After Pokémon Go Characters
- BREAKING: Hot Air Balloon Crashes In Lockhart, Texas And 16 Are Feared Dead
- VIDEO: Rowlett Police Officer Has ‘Tea Party’ With Toddler Whose Life He Saved
- Justin Bieber And Nick Jonas Both Say Republicans Threw Millions At Them To Play
- Skydiver Will Attempt Jump Without A Parachute Or Wingsuit On Live Television Tonight
- 2 More Restaurants Refused Service to Police; One in Texas – Employees Promptly Fired
- Dallas Cowboys Jersey Sales Are Blowing Away the Competition
- Ex NFL Player And Wife Killed By Teenage Son!