Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Is Khloe Trying To Out-Ass Kim?
- Check Out Kory’s Interview with Todd & Julie Chrisley!
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- Kory Interviews Sachi White, Disneyland Ambassador At Disneyland Resort
- POLL: Cranberry Sauce…Homemade, or Canned?
- Panther Island Ice
- You Can Send Animal Poop To People In The Mail Now
- CultureMap Holiday Pop Up Shop
- Head To NorthPark Center For Black Friday