Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- 13 Things That Prove Bigger Is Better In Dallas Fort Worth
- North Texas Giving Day 2014
- American Heart Association 2014 Heart Walk
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Britney Spears Dumps Boyfriend, Posts Odd Instagram
- Rachel Reilly Mourns Donny’s Eviction & Christine Crossing The Line!
- Commercial Free Mondays: Labor Day!
- Boy’s Live Reaction To Mom’s Pregnancy Announcement Is Priceless
- Another Reason You Should Love Justin Timberlake! Sings Happy Birthday To 8 Year Old Boy With Autism At Concert