Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Guy Marries His Smart Phone To Make A Point About The World Today
- Pregnant Fast Food Worker Brutally Assaulted By Customer For Forgetting Straws
- Woman Calls Out Samsung’s Phone Setting That Automatically Airbrushes Selfies
- According To Poll 1/3 Of People Would Rather Go To Dentist Than Be Seen In A Bikini
- Colleyville’s Katie Meili Is Head To The Olympics On The U.S. Swim Team
- Ruby Rose Pens Essay in Support of Taylor Swift
- Calvin Harris Is Done Dating Celebrites
- Is There A Spice Girls TV Comeback Documentary Coming?
- Matt Damon Pranks People Sending Them On Secret Missions!
- What Marcia Brady (Maureen McCormick) Looks Like Now