Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Vine Of The Day: How-To Holiday Decor- 12.22.14
- Disney And Dreamworks DVD Prize Pack Giveaway
- ‘Sexiest Woman’ award? Kate Upton Of Course!
- Joanna Krupa to Brandi Glanville; ‘You’re Trailer Trash, B***h’
- Rob Kardashian Getting Evicted by Khloe? Wants ‘Lazy, Mooching,’ Brother Out Of Her Home!
- Margaret Cho leaves Husband After 11-Year ‘Open’ Marriage
- Gotcha! Mila Kunis & Ashton Kutcher On Kisscam Again
- Stevie At it Again In #LightningTour2: ICE!
- #WeekendRewind: Bikini Contests, Meninism & Phones Against Disease
- Celebrity Christmas Trees