Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- McDonalds Cutting Several Menu Items!
- Study: Teens Are Better At Texting & Driving Than Adults
- Steve Kemble’s Secret Eggnog Recipe
- Guy Finds Women With Same Last Name As His Ex For Month Long Vacation
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- This Is What Santa Would Look Like If He Was Into High Fashion
- The 14 Most Extreme Plastic Surgeries of 2014
- The Nude Rowers Who Do A Calendar Every Year Are Doing A Full Frontal Film
- Beyonce Sent Out The Best Holiday Cards This Year
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts