Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- List Of Professions With Most Clinical Psychopaths Includes Radio DJs.
- NOOOO! Maggie Smith To Leave ‘Downton Abbey.’
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan Says He Knew Lupita’s Dress Was A Fake On Oscar Night!
- This Eye Test May Solve Riddle Of “The Dress.”
- Painter Puts Lewinsky Dress In Official Bill Clinton Portrait!
- 5 Crazy Saturday Morning Kids Shows from the 1970s
- Who Made Forbes 2015 Billionaires List?
- Kid Rock’s Response To The Beyhive Couldn’t Have Been More Perfect
- New Hotels Geared Towards Women Travelers, Comes Stocked With Lady Toys!
- VIDEO: Naked Man Climbing Out Of Buckingham Palace! Real Or Fake?