Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Ludacris Is Expecting A Child With His New Wife
- Kelly Clarkson ‘Piece By Piece’ CD Giveaway
- Young Rising Sons Online Giveaway
- Big Data Online Giveaway
- Cinderella Screening Passes Giveaway
- Watch Dallas Sportscaster Dale Hansen Sound Off On Racism
- Man Has “The Dress” Tattooed On His Leg And We Still Aren’t Sure What Color It Is
- VIDEO: Ariana Grande Almost Dies At Her Honeymoon Tour Concert
- Rumors Are Khloe Kardashian Or NeNe Leakes Will Replace Kelly Osbourne On Fashion Police
- Did SNL Cross The Line With Dakota Johnson ISIS Skit? Funny or Shocking?