Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour
- What’s Hot: Bowling for Rhinos
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed By Beetles
- KVIL Summer Of 1D Starts Next Monday!
- 103.7 KVIL Poptopia Headliner Calls In To Talk The Big Reveal!
- Vintage Video Of Deborah Cox Singing Whitney Houston
- “Fake-cations” Are All The Rage These Days
- VIDEO: Worried About Getting Old? This Old Man Should Be The Poster Child For Not Caring!
- Video: Spray Cake In A Can! Coolest Thing Ever, Or Does This Make Us Even Lazier?
- Panic At The Disco Shut Down Anti-Gay Protesters In Epic Fashion!