Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Here Are The 10 Shows You Need To Binge Watch Over Thanksgiving!
- Golden Girls “Granny Panties” Are A Real Thing!
- These 4 Habits Are Making You Look WAY Older Than You Are!
- Ellie Goulding Remixes “Love Me Like You Do” In Every Genre Of Music You Can Imagine!
- The 25 Amazing Things You Have To Make With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers!
- These Tweets Will Make Every Nurse Alive Laugh Out Loud!
- Our Very Own Leigh Ann Was Featured In DFW Child Magazine!
- Bryan Adams on ‘Get Up!,’ Country Music and Amy Winehouse
- Sybil Interview Anna Kurian From North Texas Food Bank
- Find Out Which Bars Will Be Open Thanksgiving