Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Which Star Was Seen Making Out With The Founder Of Snapchat?
- Selena Gomez Talks About Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Bad Blood, and Zedd
- 21 Wildly Different Songs All Named ‘Freedom’
- Ben Affleck And Jennifer Garner Are Getting A Divorce
- You Can’t Remake ‘Back to the Future’ Until Robert Zemeckis Dies
- Ed Sheeran Jams With The Rolling Stones And Sounds AMAZING!!
- VIDEO: These Children Explaining Gay Marriage Is Adorable
- Taylor Swift’s Stalker Is Trying To Get Her To Testify In Court Against Him
- Here’s the Only ‘Ant-Man’ Review You Need to Read
- 25 Songs That Defined Summers In The 90’s