Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- You Could Win A Walt Disney World Vacation
- Paddintonton DVD Giveaway
- Far From The Madding Crowd Giveaway
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Champ A Dead Beat Dad?
- Rumor About Teresa Giudice’s Post-Prison Plans Busted!
- Kris Humphries’ Nasty Tweet Aimed At Bruce Jenner During Special!?
- Bruce Jenner: The Interview
- PIC: Bruce Jenner Bravely Shows His Favorite Dress To Diane Sawyer
- PHOTO: The Full Look – Jared Leto As The Joker In ‘Suicide Squad.’
- VIDEO: Kory Chats with Andrew McMahon