Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- She Mail – To Bring A Gift Or Not To Bring A Gift
- Lost Dog Lured Home With Bacon
- Julie’s Jabber: The Power of Prayer
- Rihanna’s ‘Styled To Rock’ Inches Closer Toward U.S. Premiere
- Sara Bareilles Set To Play LGBT Democratic Fundraiser In New York
- Kellie Pickler Wins ‘Dancing With The Stars’
- How Heartbreak Helped Michael Buble Make The Best Album Of His Career
- Maroon 5 Releases Paint-Drenched ‘Love Somebody’ Video
- Butt-Dial Calls 911 And Busts Car Burglars
- Siri Backtalks Julie And Flirts With Tony