Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- What’s Hot: Catwalk in Cowtown Fashion
- Get Your Pre-Sale Tickets To Not So Silent Night!
- Oscar de la Renta’s Best Red Carpet Moments
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen
- NO THANKS: The Haunted Car Wash Prank
- Psycho Alert: Girl Caught In Ex’s Chimney
- Channing Tatum Stripping As 18-Year-Old
- Bacon Bash 2014
- Sneak Preview Of Taylor Swift’s Newest Song