Is Starbucks Dying Your Drinks With Bugs?
Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Office Manager Accused Of Operating On Patients While Dentist Was Out Of The Office!
- Truck Spills 14 Million Bees Onto Major Highway!
- Avengers Ticket Tuesday
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Science Rules – Nothing To Wine About
- These Celebrity Couples Will Restore Your Faith In Romance
- Here Are Some Amazing Products That Every Person Who Loves Texas Must Have
- #IWishMyTeacherKnew Will Break Your Heart
- I Bet You Don’t Know These Crazy Facts About The ACM Awards