Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- VIDEO: It’s The Suitcase You Can Ride Around The Airport!
- See How Mark Cuban Slammed Donald Trump (Repeatedly) On Twitter!
- Little Girl Swimming With Burmese Python In Kiddie Pool Video Resurfaces
- TSA Worker Arrested On Voyeurism Charge For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Passengers
- Dallas Police Says Job Applications Have Increased by 344%
- Man Claims To Have Caught All 142 North American Pokémon
- Walking Dead Season 7 Trailer Introduces King Ezekiel and His Tiger
- The Irving Police Department Made A Pokémon Go Safety Video And It’s Hilarious!
- Sleepy Puppy Sees Baby Sleeeping And Does Most Adorable Thing EVER!
- Fergie Says Taylor Swift & Kimye Feud Is Part Of A Master Plan