Reports are coming out that might make you think twice when you order a fruity cool summer drink at Starbucks. ThisDishIsVegetarian.com is reporting that the strawberry mix used by the coffee giant contains dried bug body extract.
A barista alerted the website that the company’s new strawberry flavoring contains “cochineal extract”, which is essentially crushed up dried bugs used to dye things; mostly clothes.
“My guess would be that the recipe changed about three or four weeks ago, when our strawberry sauce got new packaging,” the barista told the website. “I was hoping you guys could help get the word out there so that no vegans end up drinking this formerly vegan frappucino by mistake!”
A Starbucks spokesperson told the website on March 16, “While the strawberry base isn’t a vegan product, it helps us move away from artificial dyes.”
More From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, More Announced as GRAMMY Presenters
- Listen to Gwen Stefani’s New Single ‘Make Me Like You’
- Penelope Cruz Was Asked About Her “Ugly Feet” On The Today Show!
- You Can Use Your Phone To See What You Look Like With A Boob Job Now!
- We Were Popping Bottles In Studio Celebrating The Real Housewives Of Dallas!
- Have You Had An Oreogasm? Oreo Brownie Will Blow Your Mind!
- Erika Jayne Called In Today And Gave Our Dallas Housewives Some Advice!
- KFC Is Going To Hook You Up With A Romantic Date Night For Valentine’s Day!
- Ryan Reynold’s Man Part Makes An Appearance In Deadpool
- This Is What Happened During Chipotle’s Closed-Door Meeting!