Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Jessica Simpsons Flaunts Assets In New Photo
- Blake Shelton Tries Sushi For The First Time And It’s Hilarious (Video)
- Did This Boyfriend’s Prank Go Too Far? (Video)
- Controversy Already On The Bachelorette?
- Everyday Is Bey Day, But Minnesota Just Made It Official
- Vet Student Saves Dog From Being Euthanized By Finding Tick
- ‘The Real’ Co-Hosts Speak On Tamar Braxton Getting Fired
- 20,000 Bees Follow A Car For Two Days To Rescue Their Queen!
- Oreo Releasing 2 New Flavors
- This Cyst-Popping Video Will Be The Grossest Thing You’ve Seen All Week