Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Listen to Justin Timberlake’s New Song ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’
- VIDEO: What Happens When a GoPro is Strapped to a Rocket
- VIDEO: This Guy Caught A Fish With His Junk! No Seriously, He Did!
- Here Is How Big His Junk Needs To Be To Actually Fit In A Magnum Condom
- Taylor Swift Nearly Kicked Out of Coachella for Dancing Too Hard
- Blake Shelton Defends Beyoncé’s Country Tune ‘Daddy Lesson’
- Dad Tried To Scare His Son Waking Him Up As Darth Vader And It Back Fired Big Time!
- Did You Know You Can Make Diamonds With Tequila? No Seriously You Can!
- Painkiller Percocet Present in Prince’s Body: Report
- KFC Has Entered The Cosmetics Game With An Edible Nail Polish!