Downgrade Your Facebook Friends
Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Women Opens Up Cuddle Shop And You Wont Believe How Many Customers She Already Has
- PIC: Dog Jumps On Back Of Ambulance To Be With His Owner
- Local Artist Boy Epic “50 Shades” Set To The Movie Trailer Is Insanely Awesome
- Stacy Fawcett’s Foodie Blog: Macaroni & Lots Of Cheese
- You Will Never Believe What Niecy Nash Say’s Will Keep Your Marriage A Success
- #SelfieCamfessions: Stevie Hated Disney World
- City Lights Moved To Sunday Due To Severe Weather Threat
- Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Charli XCX Coming to ‘SNL’
- Sia Offers ‘Iko Iko’ Cover in Pledge on Husband’s Kickstarter Campaign
- Diem Brown’s Ex-Boyfriends Post On Instigram Will Bring You To Tears