Downgrade Your Facebook Friends
Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Daughters: B.B. King Was Poisoned!
- Bravo Ireland! – First Country To Legalize Same-Sex Marriage By A National Vote!
- Viral Photo Of Marine & Wife-To-Be Praying Before Their Wedding Will Touch Your Heart
- The Best And Worst States For Working Parents!
- This Army Vet Uses Tumblr To Put Military Life Into Perspective!
- People Are Getting Billed Up To 11 Times For Netflix This Month! You Might Want To Check!
- This Video Of Dogs Welcoming Their Owners Home From War Will Make Your Memorial Day!
- PHOTO: Elephant Takes A Perfect “Selfie” With His Trunk
- Josh Duggar Jokes About Incest During An Interview
- Ben Stiller’s Mother Passed Away Over The Weekend