Downgrade Your Facebook Friends
Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Confessions From People Who Cry Too Easy
- Iggy Pop, Brandon Flowers Guesting on New Order’s New Album
- Ryan Reynolds Reveals The Thing That Freaks Him Out The Most About Fatherhood
- Taylor Swift: Prom Attire Consultant
- Paula Deen Offends Everyone Again Posting A Picture Of Her Son With Brown Face
- The Most Amazing Starbucks Drinks From Around The World
- This 52-Year-Old Mom Says These Two Things Are What Keeps Her Looking Like She’s In Her 20s
- 10 Times Your Nail Salon Visit Got WAAYY Too Awkward
- Maddie & Tae on the Virtues of Budget Shopping for Style Files
- U2 Tease Short Film for ‘Song for Someone’ Starring Woody Harrelson