Downgrade Your Facebook Friends
Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Betty White Is Extremely Upset Over Cecil The Lion
- Four Questions Women Should Ask Before Marriage
- Watch Sybil Fall Off Her Bike While Trying To Periscope!
- One Texas City On The ‘Top Ten Friendliest’ List
- VIDEO: Watch Caitlyn Jenner Try To Perfect Her Female Voice On I Am Cait
- What Show Did Fox Just Cancel?
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Nick Gordon Is Begging Bobbi Kristina’s Family To Let Him Attend Her Funeral
- Man Sues Airline For Having To Sit Next To An Obese Person
- One Direction Release First Song Without Zayn Malik. Listen HERE!