Downgrade Your Facebook Friends
Facebook is confusing. ‘Do I add that guy I had third year English with in High School as a friend’? Well Facebook might just be making those choices a whole lot easier.
Facebook is trying to improve the relevance of people’s News Feeds with an update to its lists tool that will make it easier to make distant friends an ‘acquaintance’. People who get the acquaintance tag will still be listed as a friend but you won’t see as much of their content on your News Feed.
An acquaintance is described by Facebook as “Friends you want to see less of in News Feed.” Facebook will even help you point out who your acquaintances should be by suggesting people for the demotion based on your lack of interaction with that person.
If you have some people you’d like to relegate just go to your Friends List page and click on the ‘Acquaintances’ tab and watch those old high school friends, the guy at the coffee shop on the corner and your fourth cousin twice removed slowly fade away.
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- An Overweight Woman Asked 5 Stylists To Choose Her Outfits, And She Documented Them All
- Jennifer Lawrence Teaming with Amy Schumer to Write Screenplay
- Which 1037 Poptopia Artist Will Compete On “Dancing With The Stars”?
- What Would Happen If McDonald’s And Burger King Had A Baby?
- Taylor Swift and Lisa Kudrow Perform ‘Friends’ Hit ‘Smelly Cat’
- Last-Minute Summer Additions To Starbucks’ Drink Menu
- Miley Cyrus Gets Nearly Naked, Talks to People About Miley Cyrus
- VIDEO: Jason Derulo Groupies Get Rejected From His After-Party
- #LiveLocal North Texans Gather to #FeedMyStarvingChildren
- Ashley Madison really a bunch of dudes talking to each other