As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Watch The First Clip From The New ‘Powerpuff Girls’ Series
- You Need To See Pamela Anderson And Tommy Lee’s GROWN UP Son Dylan Lee
- #RHOBH’s Erika Jayne Advice To #RHOD: “Be Yourself”
- According To ‘Ghostbusters II’ The World Is Ending Tomorrow: Watch!
- Computer Science Student Creates Virtual Reality Version Of Nintendo’s ‘Duck Hunt’
- Kids Explaining Love Is The Funniest Thing You Will See Today!
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Came Up With The Taylor Swift Lyric In His Song!
- Alanis Morissette Announces Pregnancy With New Video!
- Dad’s Late Note For His Daughters School Is The Greatest Thing You Will Ever See!
- Dr. Dre to Star in Apple’s First Scripted Series ‘Vital Signs’