The Hunger Games Had A Gigantic Night
As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Happy Halloweeeeeen From ALL Of Us At KVIL!!
- Women Cat Called Over 100 Times While Walking Through New York City! This Is Crazy
- Julie’s Review Room: Nightcrawler
- Allison Sweeney Leaves “Days Of Our Lives” – Read Her Farewell Letter To Fans
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Stacy’s Foodie Blog: Bacon Bash update!!
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers