The Hunger Games Had A Gigantic Night
As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- VIDEO: Southwest Flight Attendant Goes Viral With Hilarious Safety Announcement
- Blake: Miley Cyrus Hospitalized
- Blake: Which Celeb Luvs Being Naked
- Blake: Birthrate Down – Small Dog Purchases Up
- Arcade Fire Announces ‘We Exist’ as Next ‘Reflektor’ Single
- Vanderpump Rules & KVIL
- Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds Garnering Songwriters Hall of Fame Honor
- Arcade Fire Overstay Their Welcome to Crowd’s Delight
- Blake: The Sincerity Of Pharrell Williams
- Lifehack: How To Properly Iron A Dress Shirt