The Hunger Games Had A Gigantic Night
As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- 13 Things That Prove Bigger Is Better In Dallas Fort Worth
- North Texas Giving Day 2014
- American Heart Association 2014 Heart Walk
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Britney Spears Dumps Boyfriend, Posts Odd Instagram
- Rachel Reilly Mourns Donny’s Eviction & Christine Crossing The Line!
- Commercial Free Mondays: Labor Day!
- Boy’s Live Reaction To Mom’s Pregnancy Announcement Is Priceless
- Another Reason You Should Love Justin Timberlake! Sings Happy Birthday To 8 Year Old Boy With Autism At Concert