As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- 20,000 Bees Follow A Car For Two Days To Rescue Their Queen!
- Oreo Releasing 2 New Flavors
- This Cyst-Popping Video Will Be The Grossest Thing You’ve Seen All Week
- Jennifer Lawrence Had A Booger On Her Face On The Tonight Show And It’s Kind Of Adorable
- Blac Chyna Instagrams Sonogram Of Her And Rob Kardashian’s Baby
- 2-Month-Old With Killer Hair Is Taking The Internet By Storm
- Naja Releases A Lingerie Collection For All Shades Of “Nude” #NudeForAll
- You Have Been Pronouncing IKEA Wrong Your Whole Life!
- Police Seek Internet Troll Threatening Life Of Taylor Swift And Others
- BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Squad And FBI are called to LAX after threat is made From Flight Arriving From Houston