The Hunger Games Had A Gigantic Night
As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Robin Thicke Admits To Drug Use & Not Really Writing ‘Blurred Lines.’
- The Hunger Games Releases Third Trailer For Mockingjay Part 1
- VIDEO: Puppy Freaks Out Over iPad Game!
- Adrian Peterson Releases Statement Regarding Child Abuse Case
- Interview: Demi Lovato Talks World Tour, Twitter, and Her Love of Sam Smith
- Lindsay Lohan Says She Wheeled Whitney Houston’s Corpse Into the Morgue
- Apple iPhone 6 Sales Soar
- Watch U2 Make ‘Songs of Innocence’ in Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Miss America Wins By Performing ‘Cups’ Game to ‘Happy': Watch
- Snacks For Basic Women