As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- VIDEO: President Obama Reveils his Plans for After the Presidency
- VIDEO: Dale Earnhardt Jr Drives Racecar with Steering Column
- George Lopez Give Back to Prince’s Family
- The Last Meal Prince’s Chef Cooked For Him
- Brand New Photographs Of Princess Charlotte!
- The Time Prince Served His Favorite Cereal Instead Of Booze
- “Captain America: Civil War” Opens To Massive $200.2M Overseas
- 6 Reasons Why Men Leave Women They Love
- Guess Who Is Fronting Money for Prince’s Family?
- VIDEO: Fast Food Manager Goes Off on Customers