The Hunger Games Had A Gigantic Night
As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Ed Sheeran’s New Girl Friend, They Are Adorable
- 5 Seconds of Summer: Rock Out With Your Socks Out Tour
- Cell Phone Safety’s #1 Rule You’re Breaking
- Bieber Responds To Orlando Bloom Fight, Then Deletes It.
- Laugh Out Loud! Oxford Boys Sing Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie”
- Get a Sneak Peek at Britney Spears’ New Lingerie Line
- Justin Bieber Gets Into Fight With Legolas In Ibiza
- Leigh Ann: Video Celebrity Dopplegangers
- This Deer and Great Dane Are BFFs
- What’s Hot: Irving Kids Arts Exhibit