As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Beyoncé Sells 80,000 Copies of Her New Album in Three Hours
- Kelly Clarkson’s Awkward Chirstmas Photo
- Beyonce’s New Album Gets Surprise iTunes Release
- Lady Antebellum Celebrates Life in Colorful ‘Compass’ Video
- Help Find Dog Lost During Last Weekend’s Ice Storm
- Santa’s Sparkle Nominee: Maria Marquez
- Celtic Women Join The Dallas Pops For Concerts This Weekend At Fair Park Music Hall
- Dream Expert Damian Nordmann Tells Us What Our Dreams Mean
- Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, U2 & Jared Leto Up For Golden Globes
- R. Kelly Christmas Album Coming Down Chimneys in 2014