The Hunger Games Had A Gigantic Night
As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Nick Jonas Reveals How His Dad Felt About The Crotch Grabbing Photo
- Is Beyonces New Song A 7-Eleven Promotion, This Picture Makes Us Think So
- Did Leigh Ann And Courtney Predict Sam Smith Winning Last Night? Hear The Audio HERE!
- 10 AMA Moments That Are Perfectly Summed Up By This Same Taylor Swift Face
- Women Sleeps In Same Bed As Dead Mother For 5 Years
- Steve Kembles American Music Award Recap
- Did Selena Gomez Mouth “I Love You” To Justin Beiber At The End Of “The Heart Wants What It Wants” Last Night
- Beyoncé Got Bored and Decided to Film a Video for ’7/11′ in Her Hotel Suite: Watch
- Katy Perry Calls Out ‘Perverted’ Australian Paparazzi in Twitter Rant
- Ariana Grande May Be on Nicki Minaj’s ‘The Pinkprint’