As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- ‘Justice League’ Trailer Surprises Fans at Comic-Con
- Second Arch Is Now Complete of McDermott Bridge Near Downtown Dallas
- Dirk Nowitzki Signs Two-Year Deal With Mavericks for $50 Million
- VIDEO: It’s The Suitcase You Can Ride Around The Airport!
- See How Mark Cuban Slammed Donald Trump (Repeatedly) On Twitter!
- Little Girl Swimming With Burmese Python In Kiddie Pool Video Resurfaces
- TSA Worker Arrested On Voyeurism Charge For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Passengers
- Dallas Police Says Job Applications Have Increased by 344%
- Man Claims To Have Caught All 142 North American Pokémon
- Walking Dead Season 7 Trailer Introduces King Ezekiel and His Tiger