The Hunger Games Had A Gigantic Night
As expected The Hunger Games had a huge draw to the midnight showings last night.
The movie made nearly $20 million last night.
The midnight showings grossed $19.7 million for the first film in the franchise last night.
That’s enough money to land it on the list of Hollywood’s Top 10 midnight grossers, quite a feat for a film not tied to Harry Potter or Twilight.
It was the biggest ever midnight debut by a franchise-starter.
The film is 7th on the list behind the final Harry Potter and Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, but ahead of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
By Sunday, The Hunger Games is expected to gross at least a $100 million its opening weekend. Some however have started to estimate totals closer to $140 to $150 million.
- Win Big In KVIL’s KA$H & KATY Contest
- Win Robin Thicke Tickets
- See A Great Big World Live At KVIL
- DFW Family Expo
- Interview: Sky Ferreira on Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- Video: Zach Galifianakis v. President Obama
- The #1 U.S. Spring Break Destination Is?
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch CHVRCHES Cover Lorde’s ‘Team’
- Apple Upgrades with iOS 7.1