Brazilians Giving Away Free Botox
Leigh Ann should have gone to Brazil. Late last year Leigh Ann got a little Botox done, but she paid for it. In Brazil there are doctors just giving the stuff away.
Twenty-Five percent of the Brazilian population is below the poverty line, but that shouldn’t stop them from getting some cosmetic treatments. The Associated Press is reporting that over 220 plastic surgery clinics in Brazil offer complementary Botox, chemical peels and cellulite treatments.
The clinics claim, “Beauty is a right and the poor deserve to be ravishing, too.”
Dr. Nelson Rosas, the founder of the Brazilian Society of Aesthetic Medicine, estimates his Rio office has performed over 14,000 free procedures. “We’re actually treating something very important,” he said. “The patient’s self-esteem.”
More Stories From The New 103.7 Lite FM
- Win Big In KVIL’s KA$H & KATY Contest
- Win Robin Thicke Tickets
- See A Great Big World Live At KVIL
- DFW Family Expo
- Interview: Sky Ferreira on Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- Video: Zach Galifianakis v. President Obama
- The #1 U.S. Spring Break Destination Is?
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch CHVRCHES Cover Lorde’s ‘Team’
- Apple Upgrades with iOS 7.1