Cat Survives 19 Story Fall
Rescuers are calling her a miracle cat. Sugar, a white fluffy cat, fell 19 stories from her owners window in a high rise, and survived.
“I look out my window all the time and I think, ‘Wow, this is really high,’” Sugar’s owner, Brittany Kirk told CBS Boston. She believes in the old saying about nine lives. “I think she probably used one or two or maybe eight.”
When workers from a local animal rescue examined her, they found she only had minor bruising on her lungs but no broken bones, cuts or serious injuries.
Studies show that cats have a better chance of surviving falls when they’re higher than nine stories. One of the rescues explained, “The cats were able to relax, orient themselves in a flying squirrel position with the legs spread out. It slowed their descent down.”
Sugar’s owner called the high rise managers to have a screen installed on her window immediately.
“I’m just so thankful. When I came home from work today and I saw her, I was just very thankful. It’s a miracle,” says Kirk.
More Stories From 103.7 Lite FM
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- H&M Debuts Wedding Dress For Less Than $100
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Hollywood Hot Talk: Travolta’s Oscar Flub
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- Man Claims He Shot Bigfoot
- Zazza & Julie’s Go-To Feel-Good Movies