Rescuers are calling her a miracle cat. Sugar, a white fluffy cat, fell 19 stories from her owners window in a high rise, and survived.
“I look out my window all the time and I think, ‘Wow, this is really high,'” Sugar’s owner, Brittany Kirk told CBS Boston. She believes in the old saying about nine lives. “I think she probably used one or two or maybe eight.”
When workers from a local animal rescue examined her, they found she only had minor bruising on her lungs but no broken bones, cuts or serious injuries.
Studies show that cats have a better chance of surviving falls when they’re higher than nine stories. One of the rescues explained, “The cats were able to relax, orient themselves in a flying squirrel position with the legs spread out. It slowed their descent down.”
Sugar’s owner called the high rise managers to have a screen installed on her window immediately.
“I’m just so thankful. When I came home from work today and I saw her, I was just very thankful. It’s a miracle,” says Kirk.
More Stories From 103.7 Lite FM
- Check These Awesome Inventions From People In The DFW!
- Dose of Sass with Steve Kemble July 29, 2016 (Audio)
- Mysterious Lights Streaked Across West Coast Skies Last Night (Video)
- Custom Hospital Gowns Help Sick Patients Feel Like Themselves Again.
- Woman Streams Beating Daughter On Facebook. Did She Go Too Far? (Video)
- Did Mariah Carey Just Take A Shot At The Kardashians For New Reality Show?
- Watch This Bartender Pour 17 Jagerbombs At Once! (Video)
- Why Was Melania Trump’s Bio Completely Wiped From The Internet?
- Be Careful Of Summer Margarita Burns!
- Katy Perry Sings ‘Rise’ and ‘Roar’ at DNC