Rescuers are calling her a miracle cat. Sugar, a white fluffy cat, fell 19 stories from her owners window in a high rise, and survived.
“I look out my window all the time and I think, ‘Wow, this is really high,’” Sugar’s owner, Brittany Kirk told CBS Boston. She believes in the old saying about nine lives. “I think she probably used one or two or maybe eight.”
When workers from a local animal rescue examined her, they found she only had minor bruising on her lungs but no broken bones, cuts or serious injuries.
Studies show that cats have a better chance of surviving falls when they’re higher than nine stories. One of the rescues explained, “The cats were able to relax, orient themselves in a flying squirrel position with the legs spread out. It slowed their descent down.”
Sugar’s owner called the high rise managers to have a screen installed on her window immediately.
“I’m just so thankful. When I came home from work today and I saw her, I was just very thankful. It’s a miracle,” says Kirk.
More Stories From 103.7 Lite FM
- Elton John Plays Russia Despite Anti-Gay Laws
- Canine Corner: Bocephus
- Rebecca Black Drops New Song ‘Saturday’
- Christina Perri Announces New Album ‘Head or Heart’
- Justin Bieber Teams Up with Chance the Rapper for New Jam ‘Confident’
- Katy Perry Covers Marie Claire
- Citing LGBT Discrimination, Lady Gaga Asks for Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Weather Channel Names The Winter Storm “Cleon”…Really?
- One Direction Perform ‘Afternoon Delight’ with ‘Anchorman’ Cast on ‘SNL’
- Beyoncé’s “The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour” Will Happen Tonight