Rescuers are calling her a miracle cat. Sugar, a white fluffy cat, fell 19 stories from her owners window in a high rise, and survived.
“I look out my window all the time and I think, ‘Wow, this is really high,'” Sugar’s owner, Brittany Kirk told CBS Boston. She believes in the old saying about nine lives. “I think she probably used one or two or maybe eight.”
When workers from a local animal rescue examined her, they found she only had minor bruising on her lungs but no broken bones, cuts or serious injuries.
Studies show that cats have a better chance of surviving falls when they’re higher than nine stories. One of the rescues explained, “The cats were able to relax, orient themselves in a flying squirrel position with the legs spread out. It slowed their descent down.”
Sugar’s owner called the high rise managers to have a screen installed on her window immediately.
“I’m just so thankful. When I came home from work today and I saw her, I was just very thankful. It’s a miracle,” says Kirk.
More Stories From 103.7 Lite FM
- Madonna Has Hired A P.I. In Custody Battle For Her Son Rocco
- Wedgie Jeans Are A Real Thing Now! No Seriously, They Are!
- Gigi Hadid Bares It All For Magazine Cover & Other Celebs Loved It!
- Here Is How You Can Get A Free Chipotle Burrito Today!
- The Oscars Goodie Bag Comes In At A Whopping $250,000! WOW!
- Blake Shelton Busted Checking Out Gwen Stefani’s Butt!
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Features First Ever Plus-Sized Model!
- See the Mansfield First Grader Who Saved His Family in House Fire
- Rarer Than Rare: Baby Albino Turtle Hatched on Australian Beach
- Beyoncé Name Checks Red Lobster, Sales Skyrocket