Your Costume Jewelry May Hide Dangerous Levels Of Chemicals
Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Another Harry Potter (Related) Story On The Way From J.K. Rowling
- Taylor Swift iPad Mini Monday
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Big Brother 16 Q And A Session 2
- Big Brother 16 Q And A Session 1
- Safety Tips For Trick-Or-Treating
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- BB16: Watch Caleb Get His Truck!
- Big Brother Boys Shirtless