Your Costume Jewelry May Hide Dangerous Levels Of Chemicals
Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- Sneak Preview Of Taylor Swift’s Newest Song
- Breaking News: Oscar De La Renta Dies
- BREAKING: Tori Spellings Rushed To The Hospital In Quarantine
- Bethany Fankel Returns To The Real Housewives Of New York Again!
- Fans Call for Beyoncé to Boycott Dress Designer After Supposed Racist Comment
- Could Gwen Be Leaving The Voice??
- Leigh Ann & Courtney Interview Blue October’s Justin Furstenfeld
- Kris Jenner Angry Over Bruce Dating Her Best Friend
- Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch