Your Costume Jewelry May Hide Dangerous Levels Of Chemicals
Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- KVIL Listener Photographs Chris Martin At Gwyneth Paltrow’s Event In Dallas
- Which Pop Star Did Sam Smith Get Detention For Seeing?
- #WeekendRewind: Mark Cuban Makes $6 & College Goes To Hogwarts
- VIDEO: EPIC Semi Truck Jump Over Speeding Formula 1 Car
- BREAKING: Chris Martin Spotted With Gwyneth Paltrow At Dallas Goop Opening
- Jennifer Aniston: “I Bared My Butt Way Way Before Kim Kardashian”
- VIDEO: Meghan Trainor “All About That Bass”…Best Parody?
- #ThanksMichelleObama: Students Tweet Concern Regarding Officious Food Tips
- Did You See What The American Music Award Told J.Lo and Iggy
- Kim Kardashian Snow Blower Is The Best Invention Ever