Your Costume Jewelry May Hide Dangerous Levels Of Chemicals
Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- Looks Like The Rumors Are True Mariah Carey Will Be Single Again Soon
- Justin Bieber Almost Hits Women With Walker While Driving On Sidewalk!
- Steve-O’s Sea World Protest Is Pretty Awesome!
- Coldplay Take on Body Acceptance, Ballet in ‘True Love’ Video: Watch
- Brenton From School Of Metaphysics Analyzes Our Dreams
- Miley Cyrus Banned From Performing in Dominican Republic
- BLOG: My Night On Stage In The Phantom Of The Opera
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake It Off’ Video Director Mark Romanek Fires Back at Racism Allegations
- Rachel Reilly Calls In To Give Us The Big Brother Scoop
- What’s Hot: FIG Fashion Industry Gallery Finale Sale