Your Costume Jewelry May Hide Dangerous Levels Of Chemicals
Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- New Found Glory Claims One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Copies One of Their Songs
- Adam Levine Goes Psycho in Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video: Watch
- Pharrell Williams Draws from Manga, Video Games for ‘It Girl’ Video: Watch
- Amanda Bynes Parents Had No Clue She Was Arrested
- What’s Hot: Burton Burlesque
- BREAKING: Michael Phelps Arrested For DUI
- Walmart Blaming Tracy Morgan?
- Prosper Eagles Football Team In-Studio Chat ‘Shake It Off’ Viral Video
- VIDEO: The first QANTAS Double Decker Lands In DFW!
- Adam Levine And Wife Get Naked In New “Animals” Music Video