Your Costume Jewelry May Hide Dangerous Levels Of Chemicals
Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- This Full House Star Has A Daughter That’s A YouTube Star
- Tracy Morgan Gets ‘$90 Million’ From WalMart, Says Damon Wayans
- Customer Treats These Two Women Like Dirt Then Gets Instant Karma
- This German Shepherd Loves The Song “Apple Bottom Jeans”
- KVIL Supports #BackTheBlue
- Anna Nicole’s Daughter Looks Just Like Her Now!
- Pink Disses VMA And Feels Let Down; Then Apologizes To Demi Lovato
- Janet Jackson Shares New ‘Unbreakable’ Song
- Anne Hathaway Says She’s Losing Parts to Younger Actresses
- Simple Dinner Idea ~Cajun-Style Grill Foil Packets