Your Costume Jewelry May Hide Dangerous Levels Of Chemicals
Step away from that cheap $3 necklace people.
That cheap costume jewelry you love so much may be making you ill.
Costume Jewelery from brands like Forever 21, H&M, and Target could contain scary levels of chemicals.
The Ecology Center tested 99 samples of costume jewelry from discount retailers and found that “more than half of the items contain high levels of hazardous chemicals,” including lead, cadmium, nickel, mercury, and arsenic.
Over a quarter of the items had levels of lead above the limit allowed in children’s products, which has to be disturbing news for anybody whose baby grabs their bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Looks like that bargain jewelry isn’t such a bargain after all.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.
- Michael Jackson Used to Prank Call Russell Crowe
- Destiny’s Child Performed Together Again This Weekend: Watch
- 11 Ways Dating In Dallas Is Different Than In Any Other City
- The Trailer For Fear The Walking Dead Is Here
- VIDEO: Girl Passes Out On Freeway
- 50 Reasons Why Fort Worth Is Better Than Dallas
- VIDEO: Justin Bieber Forgets Lyrics And Embarrasses Himself On Stage With Ariana Grande
- VIDEO: Destiny’s Child Including Beyonce Reunite For Performance
- The Roast Of Justin Bieber Is Tonight: Here’s Why Beliebers Will Be Disappointed
- Best DFW Restaurants For Easter Brunch